Lexus IS Forum banner

Rear Window Wipers

9K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Viper_199 
#1 ·
Has any one had any luck finding an aftermarket 14" rear wiper for the SportCross?
The arm attachment is uniquely Lexus.

#2 ·
I could not find a MFG to make one, other than Toyota, so I bought mine from the dealer. Sewell Lexus Parts. I tried a generic refill, but the size and shape is different.

The wiper is less than $15, so I figured it wasn't a bad price, as most wipers at your local auto parts store cost about that.

#6 ·
I bought a Trico wiper refill from Autozone and the guides that hold the metal strips was not deep enough to hold the strips and the rubber on top of the refill for the plastic tabs on the wiper itself was too thick.

Here is the part number 85242-63010, I think it is less than $10 and it is OE.

I think it is the same as the RX, but not 100% sure.

#8 ·
While we're on the subject of rear window wipers, here's a new twist on that: My wiper motor is going slow, or slower than it used to. It doesn't seem to have much power any more. If the window is dry the wiper stops half way through. If there's sufficient lube from rain or washer fluid it just moves real slow.

Does it need to be replaced or is there something fixable going on with it?

#9 ·
WOW! Here's what I just found out. The replacement for the rear window wiper motor is... are you sitting down? Over THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY DOLLARS!!!!!!!!
And there are only two of them in the northern hemisphere of this continent and they're in Canada!
Can you believe it?!
I thought the guy was just joking with me.
There has to be a way around this!
Lexus geeks: (and I say that with all the love) please help me find it.
I've enclosed some pictures of the wiper motor. 85130-53010
159200-6381
Thanks!

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks for hunting it down to under $300. that's some consolation. But I think that a crucial piece of the puzzle was mentioned in my previous post: the wipers are running slow. They still work, just not as strong.
Could be that the motor is not getting a full 12v? Bad ground?
Any idea how to test for that? Or where? I have a volt meter.
Damned if I know how it works.

#14 ·
No, they are new blades. They're the ones I retrofitted and talked about earlier in the post.
But that IS the way it behaves; like the blade is sticking. Although when I pull the blade off the window it still moves slow.
I'm thinking it's the motor or the ground. I've got to study up on where to test the connection.
What I was told was that I should simply add a temporary wire to a new ground to see if that increases the speed.
What I noticed is that the motor gets quite hot after running a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.