Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Ive searched the threads and read the manual on how to recalibrate the compass, but it wont work.

Others have gotten "C" errors that show up on the compass or "88", but my error shows "--".

Anybody have that problem or suggestions. I've tried holding down the auto button for a couple seconds. The compass display wont change. Drove around in circles. No use.

Help.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
Hey guys. Ive searched the threads and read the manual on how to recalibrate the compass, but it wont work.

Others have gotten "C" errors that show up on the compass or "88", but my error shows "--".

Anybody have that problem or suggestions. I've tried holding down the auto button for a couple seconds. The compass display wont change. Drove around in circles. No use.

Help.
I got no help, but here is some insight... I have the same problem. But I had dropped my mirror, so I thought I damaged it somehow... I bought another, plugged it in, same problem. I plugged both of the mirrors I have in my buddy kaptain's car, BOTH mirrors work!!!

Did you do ANY mods recently? I know at one point I recovered my headliner, but didn't see anything I may have damaged.

I *suspect* that there has to be a module or something that maybe I nicked a wired to, or failed to plug in, but there is only 4 wired IIRC, 2 for power, and 2 others.

Maybe we can narrow it down if there was a mod or change you made recently.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got no help, but here is some insight... I have the same problem. But I had dropped my mirror, so I thought I damaged it somehow... I bought another, plugged it in, same problem. I plugged both of the mirrors I have in my buddy kaptain's car, BOTH mirrors work!!!

Did you do ANY mods recently? I know at one point I recovered my headliner, but didn't see anything I may have damaged.

I *suspect* that there has to be a module or something that maybe I nicked a wired to, or failed to plug in, but there is only 4 wired IIRC, 2 for power, and 2 others.

Thanks for that insight. It definitely got me thinking. Why you say "at one point i recovered my headliner", what do you mean?

That is interesting that it wouldnt work on ur car but it would work on ur friends.

Still...even more so puzzled

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have some insight. Perhaps others can feed off of it. The mirror and compass has 2 connections. One is directly inside on the backside of the mirror. The other is inside the headliner/cushion. When my friend connected the unit INITIALLY, he connected the mirror with the headliner port and the compass worked. When i tested it, i opened the mirror and connected it through the port on the backside. At that point in time, the compass doesnt work. Basically my friend didnt take anything apart. He jutst took the whole mirror unit and attached it to the top source. I didnt want to take the whole mirror off so i opened the plastic cover in half and put the new mirror in and connected the back connection only. However if i try attaching it the way my friend did, it wont work. I think the problem lies with the fact that i unplugged and plugged th inside connector. Sorry guys. I'm just throwing out ideas. Appreciate all the help

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

What order did you plug the mirrors in. Did you take anything apart? Did you open the mirror housing in half? Any details would be great

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
What order did you plug the mirrors in. Did you take anything apart? Did you open the mirror housing in half? Any details would be great
I opened it up completely, because I was recovering my headliner in suede, and painted the mirror housing black.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I opened it up completely, because I was recovering my headliner in suede, and painted the mirror housing black.
1)So when you took it apart, you disconnected the plug directly behind the mirror electronic chip?

2) When you went to test it on ur friends car, did you attach the mirror by the eletronc chip port or at the connector by the headliner?

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
1)So when you took it apart, you disconnected the plug directly behind the mirror electronic chip?

2) When you went to test it on ur friends car, did you attach the mirror by the eletronc chip port or at the connector by the headliner?
1. I had to disconnect it to paint it.

2. I'm pretty sure I used the same connector when checked in my buddies car, but it's been so long, I don't quite remember.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.