Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if this is possible.

I recently put on my hks hiper exhaust and so far i am not use to reversing into parking spaces with it. So i have hit it on the parking block 3 times now.

Is it possible to place a rear view camera somewhere near the exhaust so i could see how close i am to the parking block?

has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Im sure its possible. But you have to take into account all the road crap and water that will be on the lens at any given time. And you will have to wire it from the back to the lcd in the front of the car.

To me it seems like alot of extra work for nothing.. Just be a little more carefull when backing in, or maybe just pull in foward :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same problem in the front
car is too low so thats why i reverse in

what about one of those weather proof cameras

·
8,849 Posts
You may also want to reasearch park distance controls.

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
badaltezza said:
same problem in the front
car is too low so thats why i reverse in

what about one of those weather proof cameras
I have had o rear vision camera on my car for over 2 years now with no problems. I mounted mine low under the bumper and it works great. I combined that with a ultra sonic reverse sensor that telss you how far you are from and object. For the $220.00 spent it was well more than worth it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey lisnup65
do u have any pics of where your rear view camera is mounted and could u tell me how u did it, where u ran the wire through to get into the car etc,

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Yea, that setup sounds sweet! I was looking into the Savv camera/rearview mirror w/ the screen setup. Is that any good?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
hmmmmm...............looks too conspicuous. You haven't had a problem with anyone trying to steal it?

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
xencloud said:
hmmmmm...............looks too conspicuous. You haven't had a problem with anyone trying to steal it?
Nope!

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
turnip8snatch said:
Hate to thread jack but damn!! Look at you with the original race 3wheeler. Very nice. I can appreciate that. I sold my Triz-250 and 350x several years ago.
I have a whole collection of these vintage machines that are all in excellent condition.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
lisnup65 said:
turnip8snatch said:
Hate to thread jack but damn!! Look at you with the original race 3wheeler. Very nice. I can appreciate that. I sold my Triz-250 and 350x several years ago.
I have a whole collection of these vintage machines that are all in excellent condition.
Whats really a amazing is how well they have held their value.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
lisnup65 said:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisnup65/vwp?.dir=/LISNUP%27S+IS300&.dnm=Rear.JPG&.view=t
sup dog!

i was wondering could u use that camera and put in on the rear window dash and still get good visibility?

would you recommed the is product or is there something better out there for this purpose?

i would like a rear view camera with front dash lcd, so when i'm racing or being followed by like a cop and can see they azzes.

much appreciation bro

btw- solid car G!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts