Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I've seen a bunch of posts about people posting pics of their rear camera setup, but none of these posts say which brand of camera that they used. I found the following camera:

http://www.avelectronic.com/Bullet-Camera.htm

and was wondering if anyone's used it, or more importantly, knows if it fits inside the IS's keyhole. They have a pic of it fitting inside a GS's keyhole if you click on the "keyhole" link, so I'm guessing it should fit inside the IS. If anyone could verify this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks...............

·
8,743 Posts
someone on here has that one... not sure who though.

I want to get one as well, but really dont want to loose my trunk key. I did alot of shaving and removing things like that on my old accord, and just ran into problems. Always good to leave any mechanical or electically controlled feature like the trunk lock unaltered. If you have a power failure or the actuall trunk cable were to break, itd be a nightmare.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On another post I had seen awhile ago, someone had a good idea of tying the trunck cable to the "I got stuck in the trunk" handle. That way, you'd still have the option of opening the trunk from the inside of the car. Not sure though how reliable it would be, but its worth trying out.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
lil' lex said:
On another post I had seen awhile ago, someone had a good idea of tying the trunck cable to the "I got stuck in the trunk" handle. That way, you'd still have the option of opening the trunk from the inside of the car. Not sure though how reliable it would be, but its worth trying out.
i have that setup in my car.. i dont use the trunk release thats under the driver seat too often so it shouldn't get messed up.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
PM LCA575, he's done this, but he just totalled his car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.