Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fig,
I just purchased a set of TT brakes for all four corners. I know that you have adapters made for the front.
I test fitted the rear and it looks like im going to need an adapter back there as well. do you have any input on this?>
its either getting the adapter from you or using a supra hub....but as I m sure we can both agree I would much rather get some type of adapter from you.
thanks
Ivan

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
pm fig, im sure he can whip something up for you. he alreayd makes the adpaters for the fornt

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
I was working on this with Racing brake to come up with a new caliper, but I have never sat down with both parts to see what the difference is. Can you PM me some pics of the two applications. I know the supra rear is vented vs solid and not sure how much different the inner piston will be. I can work with ya to find a solution.

Fig

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I would be interested in something like this as well to keep brake transfer rates better off rather then front heavy with the TT front brake setup alone.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I should have taken some pictures while down there. I will have some time over the weekend to get in there again.

I will post detailed pictures. It looks like the distance of two bolts that hold the caliper to the back of the hub are about an inch longer than the distance between the IS calipers.
I will post more later

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Fig, I definitely would be interested as well. I will be going with a tt front caliper so this would match it perfectly.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pads are about 30-50% larger than the stock IS pads. The caliper also has a quick release system like the TT fronts or any brembo kit in which you can pop the pad out with out having to undue the caliper. this is great for quick pit stop pad changes at a time attack event.

·
Registered
64 Posts
supra front brakes are the greatest brake upgrades u can do for the price and its amazing what you can do especially while auto xing

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Fig, just wondering if you have had a chance to take a look at the Rear TT Brakes yet.
Thanks
Ivan

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey fig, have you had a chance to take a glance at the rear tt brakes?
thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you will be creating a market for any NA SC/GS/IS to use these brakes.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Fig,
are we doing anything with this?
Lmk if your still interested in the project, if not so I can get somone else to fab this up for me.
Thanks,
Ivan

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
what about an Evo brake conversion? is that possible? i know its very easy to come by sets of evo front and rear calipers..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SO.... its been 6-8 months since I sent over the brakes...
Are you going to do anything with this?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts