Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have an 02 is300 the audio is a pioneer double din with the amp bypass and my rear speakers just went out and I know aftermarket speakers won’t work with the stock amp because of the omhs issue. So do I need to wire up an aftermarket amp? I am new to speakers and electrical related stuff.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
If the amp is bypassed. The amp is the radio. So you can just put speakers in. But that may have been what killed the factory rear speakers. Straight out of the radio would be 4ohm not 2ohm for the factory speaker.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Did you actually bypass the factory amp - as in disconnected the two plugs going into the factory amp (it’s located to the right of the glovebox, about 6”x8” box) and then jumped the wires back together? If you do that, then you can ditch the stock rears and run whatever your deck will power, aftermarket stuff is typically 4ohms, as SolarYellow stated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the amp is bypassed. The amp is the radio. So you can just put speakers in. But that may have been what killed the factory rear speakers. Straight out of the radio would be 4ohm not 2ohm for the factory speaker.
totally forgot about this post but I got some Polk speakers and just cut the factory harness works like before, also I did not disconnect any wires just an amp bypass thingy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts