Lexus IS Forum banner

Rear Speaker

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  rocky9413 
#1 ·
Hello all, i just found out that my passenger side rear speaker isn't working, no sound at all, i dont know when did it stop working, or was never working,
how can i check to see whether its the speaker wires problem, or the speaker is dead.

really dont want to change the speaker, but if i do, what speakers are good??

btw, I got Kenwood 8403 4 channel amplifier, with that amplifier, what speakers are good with that setup.

This is for 2002 IS300, I have Kenwood DNX7100 HU, amplifier not install yet.

#2 ·
im looking at the
CADENCE CVSL69 6x9" 3 WAY SPEAKERS WITH 300 WATTS TOTAL RMS, 2" VOICE COILS, 70 OZ MAGNETS, AND 3 WAY EXTERNAL CROSSOVERS
and
BOSTON SL95 6x9 200 WATT SPEAKERS

anyone experience with those?
cadence seem pretty good

#3 ·
Yikes! You were running the stock rears with the DNX7100? The stock rear's are actually 2 speakers in one. The tweeter ran on 4 ohms, and the woofer ran on 2 ohms. Were you using the Metra harness?

#4 ·
ya, i have stock rears with DNX7100, did it in circuitcity, no amp, i dont think he using the metra harness, i have to check the wires and see wuts the problem with my passenger rear.

Am i able to use the Kenwood 8403 AMP unit with stock speakers?
Im thinking of going change my rears, to either 1 of the 2 list above.

#6 ·
WOW, THATS SCARY, i might just change my rears then..

#10 ·
Can you please post some specs to your new amp? And which amp do you want to hook up to what? Please specify, thanks.

And yeah, I noticed you misclicked and gave me grey tofu, but I gave u green tofu instead. hahahaha .....

Reactions: ItalynStylion
#11 ·
I have Kenwood KAC-8403
4-channel amplifier
60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts x 4 at 2 ohms)
180 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
front channel high-pass filters (50-200 Hz at 12 dB per octave), rear channel high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz with 12 dB/octave high-pass and 18 dB/octave low pass)
bass boost (6 dB at 90 Hz), channels 3 and 4
Tri-way capable (Tri-Way Crossover required)
preamp- and speaker-level inputs
fuse rating: 40A x 1

p.s. yeah, i must have gave everyone non positive repz that night, i go click click click, and then one member ask y i gave him negative...

Reactions: Johnnysks
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.