Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the car for a week now and recall when I first got it, that the sound system could handle just about anything without ANY distortion or rattling. I'm not sure if I'm dreaming, but it appears as if there is a rattle or vibration coming from the rear when the bass hits hard. Like something has come loose. Does anybody have the same problem? I swear when I first got it was able to handle all the bass I could throw at it without a sweat. And i'm not even talking about playing it at full blast - maybe half volume.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I had a similar dilemma. The culprit was the roof liner vibrating too much when bass gets heavy. If you push up against your roof towards the back, does the rattling go away? If so its the roof liner. I brought it to the dealership and they remedied it with no charge. I think they put some insulant or something.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - i think you nailed my problem. I'm going to try the test tomorrow morning. The speakers themselves seem fine, i think i have the same problem you had.

So far I have a squeaky dashboard and this sound problem. I guess they're minor and easily fixable, but still annoying! Little disappointed that a Lexus would have such silly problems. Joy of having a car that has only been in production for a few months. Takes them a while to get the fit/finish perfect.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I have a subwoofer in my car and my plates cover rattles when the bass is on.. check ur plate cover at the rear as screws holding the plate can become loose

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
I got the two exact problems as you. Rattling rear speakers and squeaky dashboard. The speakers they said was fine when I brought it in. They said don't turn it up as loud- gee, thanks. Probably tell them about the dashboard at 5000 service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts