Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone run into trouble finding bulbs to fit the rear turn signals? I recently tried to convert mine to LEDs. Trouble is that the pins on the stock bulbs/sockets aren't the same as the replacements. I looked on the Sylvania web site and they are listed as requiring part number 1156A. The LEDs and the replacement Sylvanias have the pins in a 180 degree orientation to one another. The stock bulbs have the pins at about 120 degrees. The owners manual doesn't even list a replacement bulb. Considering the car is barely a month old replacing the sockets isn't an option.
The reason I'm going through all of this trouble is because I just replaced the tail lights with the JDM LEDs with the black inner housings. I'd like to lose the yellow bulbs and replace them with the SilverStars or the LEDs.

Anyone have any suggestions???

stock bulbs

stock sockets

New tail lights installed... sweet!

·
Registered
91 Posts
yea, this happen to me too. Just have to find bulbs that are 150 degree angle.

i have a hard time finding these too.. good luck

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Oh, and you'll also get a "blinker malfunction" light in your dash if you decide to go LEDs. You'll need resistors, since they don't draw as much current as regular bulbs.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
take some sand paper or a dremil to the tab

Be carefull not to sand it off too much

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
aerobearaz said:
Forgive my ignorance but aren't the tabs/pins there to hold the bulbs in the sockets?

yes but if you sand them down a little they will be fine

Also I can not believe you bought those tails man :puke: sorry they are not "sweet" "cool" or good looking

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also I can not believe you bought those tails man sorry they are not "sweet" "cool" or good looking
I guess thats a matter of opinion IPRIMIS. You know what they say about opinions...

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
aerobearaz said:
I guess thats a matter of opinion IPRIMIS. You know what they say about opinions...

Yeah I do actually :lol:

Don't like mine?

Don't take offense, you posted the pics, take the comments and get thicker skin

and it is I M P R I M I S

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wasn't offended by your opinion... just not the same as mine. You are entitled. As for thick skin I've been on enough forums like this to know that most of what you see and read on here is BS anyhow. Most people on these sites sit in front of the screen all day long posting and rarely have the experience to back up what they say. They just regurgitate the same spew they've seen posted before.

Again, not offended... I M P R I M I S ".NET deity" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
aerobearaz said:
Wasn't offended by your opinion... just not the same as mine. You are entitled. As for thick skin I've been on enough forums like this to know that most of what you see and read on here is BS anyhow. Most people on these sites sit in front of the screen all day long posting and rarely have the experience to back up what they say. They just regurgitate the same spew they've seen posted before.

Again, not offended... I M P R I M I S ".NET deity" :rolleyes:

I have been around man and actually know a lot thanks :lol:

And yeah I get paid to sit in front of this screen

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
uh yeah don't mind him.

as for the bulb. get an 1156A if you really worry about sanding down the tab.

not a big fan of the tails though, sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts