Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my drivers side red rectangle blinker lense broke. i went to the dealer and bought a new one for 28 dollars. but they wanted $70 to install it. it doesn't look to hard. has anyone had any luck with it? should i just pay the $70? also, i lost one of the master keys. lexus wants $250 for everything. i dont care if its generic, do you guys know of a place i can buy it for cheaper? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
888 Posts
you reach under the car, or take off your head lights and install it from there. It's not hard at all, but your arms might scrach your arm. Try not to install on a COLD day, not cool.......Pardon my pun :lol:

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
Re: ....

neiiy69 said:
if u have small hand u can get in there easy, i got a mexican friend do it for me he has really small hands though, but dont need to remove the bumper.,,, :chill:
Wow! :eek:

That guy must have had teeny-weeny hands because I consider myself to have small hands and I couldn't get them in there. I tried from the bottom and I even took the rear lights off and still couldn't reach it. I ended up removing the rear bumper. I hope it the bulbs don't burn out because it was a pain in the ass. :-?

Alex

P.S. Some people here wrote that they went in front the rear tire well. I'm not exactly sure how to do that, but I read about it in here somewhere.

·
Premium Member
13,761 Posts
what i did when some ahole broke my rear right sidemarker was jacked the car up, took off the rim, took off the taillight, peeled back the trunk lining and popped the clip out, unscrewed some plastic screws holding the wheel well liner in place and stuck my hand in with a wrench.

·
Registered
452 Posts
DonCorleone said:
what i did when some ahole broke my rear right sidemarker was jacked the car up, took off the rim, took off the taillight, peeled back the trunk lining and popped the clip out, unscrewed some plastic screws holding the wheel well liner in place and stuck my hand in with a wrench.
wth?
so he didnt steal the wheels or anything else? all that trouble just for markers? lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
side markers...

the side markers are an easy installation. i put my clears on in less than 20 minutes. 10 minutes each side. its simple. position yourself underneath the car to where you can see the bottom of the muffler and put a terry towel around your wrist and stick your hand up the bumper and there is one bolt holding it together. make sure you have a size 10 mm socket wrench with you when you insert your hand up the bumper. you need the terry towel to protect your wrist area so you don't hurt yourself. make sure you fold it at least 2-3 times so you won't hurt yourself. well..hope that helps. its easy. it really is! harder than it seems. :lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
DonCorleone said:
damn you made it way harder than it had to be, i went through the wheel well. my fingers are relatively long so with my fingertips i was using a wrench to unscrew the sidemarker

·
Registered
400 Posts
thats exactly what i did...just put my arm up behind the bumper and took it off...very simple....or as you say...behind the wheel well...its easy man...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Back bumper marker lights no problem....

You can go in behind the wheels. You just need unscrew and take off the plastic parts right behind the wheel. Then there is one bolt on top right under the lip of the wheel well and one of those plastic rivit things under the back bumper to take off. After taking these off you can pull out on the bumper and reach behind to get to the lights. No need to take the whole bumper off. Est time of completion is 20 minutes per side. :)

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
^ Had a friend doing that for me since he's very smart and good @ installing things. We did the same thing like you mention, but it was very hard. By the time we had the rear sidemarker installed, the end of the rear sidemarker sticks out and I soon later find out the bulb fused died. :pissed: :bitching:

-Ringo

·
Registered
525 Posts
I noticed that the lights stick out a bit as well. If you take a razor and trim the inside of the second hole that will lay the lights in there nice. I figured this out after 10 minutes of wallowing in misery thinking the lights were the wrong ones for the car. :D There should be two holes when you pop out the light. The one twards the back is the one you will deal with. Take a razor and slice the left inside of that hole. I had to remove about 3-5mm of plastic but the lights went in and now lay flat. Sorry to hear about your fuse man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.