Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read threads where the actuator is the part that needs to be replaced when you can't lock/unlock with remote or driver door panel but is still able to manually with the key in the door. Well the only way I am able to lock/unlock is physically do it b hand. Does that still mean it's the actuator? Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I've read threads where the actuator is the part that needs to be replaced when you can't lock/unlock with remote or driver door panel but is still able to manually with the key in the door. Well the only way I am able to lock/unlock is physically do it b hand. Does that still mean it's the actuator? Can anyone confirm this?
I am not sure if our key has a battery or not, for all I know it is the actuator.

Regardless it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same thing happen where it would move when I locked all the doors but something was preventing it from going all the way. You might want to lock it from the inside with the remote and see if it does anything.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn it. I guess I'll pull the door panels to take a look. I know my sons slams the door shut every time her gets out/in and he tries to open the door before it even unlocks itself (after 4th beep). Hope this part doesnt cost me an arm and a leg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.