Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the Bulb size for the rear fog light is?

I know it's a single filament wedge style bulb, but not the exact type.

Also before anyone reads this and says its 7443. That bulb type is a dual filament for the IS300s with the combination parking lights/brake lights.

So this excludes anyone who owns an American IS300, as they never came with rear fog lights.

I'm looking for the Canadian owners with the leather/sunroof package, as they would have the rear fog light as well.

I need to get an LED version, but need to find out the bulb type first.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
You sure this is not the case.

7443 or a 7440
The units are double filament bulbs even though only the higher power is used.

I do not see anything identified in the Osram/ Sylvania site or on All data. All data does identify the existence of a rear fog light. They do list some Toyota part numbers, but no cross reference to what it is.

Just tossing out some ideals here.

Digger08

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured you'd be the first to respond, you always have this useful info.

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure when I took them out I only saw the one filament.

I wouldn't be surprised that the 7443 or 7440 would work even though they are dual filament bulbs. The only thing is, from what I've seen of the LED versions of the 7443 or 7440 they're only single stages. Now is the circuit on the dimmer part of the bulb or the brighter?

You sure this is not the case.

7443 or a 7440
The units are double filament bulbs even though only the higher power is used.

I do not see anything identified in the Osram/ Sylvania site or on All data. All data does identify the existence of a rear fog light. They do list some Toyota part numbers, but no cross reference to what it is.

Just tossing out some ideals here.

Digger08

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Has to be on the brighter.

Especially if you line up beside my car. Mine uses the weaker side to light up permanent as a running light. When I last checked this, there is a significant brightness increase, with the 02's and up with this feature.

I looked into modifying my car a few years ago. A bit different situation, as I have no wiring to begin with.

Digger08

1 - 4 of 4 Posts