Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys..

I was visiting my relatives for a family emergency over the weekend..
Drove 6 hours from where I live..

yea like the title says.. my rear fender right above the wheel is damaged.
my car was parked on the street @ my uncles house, and this lady from across the street backed up from her drive way and hit my car..
So I called police for the report, he said it was her fault (of course) but I shouldn't be parking on the street especially in front of the end of drive way..
He said it was illegal to park on that street and he's not going to give me a ticket for that.. I was like WTF,. I dont' see any 'no parking on the street' sign any where!!...... and no yellow line .. nothing...

but the thing was her husband was also a police officer at the town and I saw them talking to each other over the phone..I coudln't hear what they were saying tho... but I wasn't feeling good about that...
I hope he didn't write anything unnecessary on the police report...

should I call my ins comp and make them deal with this, or should I deal with her ins company myself? I'm just worried that I might get some responsibility too....

I know like front fenders cost about 200-300 reshaping & painting cuz i've done it before..
but how about rear fender?.. it's the fender where the gas door is on..
so i'm guessing it'll cost lot more because u need to take almost whole side of the car?...

Hope her insurance will fix it 100% but i'm just wondering how much will come out on the estimate..I can't get the estimate till saturday....
If any one of you have fixed the fender, how much did it cost you?

thanks in advance... oh and..... cut down smoking guys... my uncle passed away over the weekend.. lung cancer.. it wasn't a good scene to look at him die so painful.........and he was only 52 or something...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good luck, I'm sure the insurance company will take care of you though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts