Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i was on my way home from work minding my own business in stop and go traffic on the 401 (what a surprise) all of the sudden some asshole behind me rear ends me. Just my luck i have had the car for 3 weeks! Once i really looked over it the damage wasn't bad and most of it buffed out it was just more disheartning than anything that i have had the car 3 weeks that this happens. Oh well such as life. Did i mention the guy was 84 and driving a 94 caddy...fucking boat!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
6 weeks and my IS is totaled, people get it worse than you, but people get it worse than me. Hope everything turns out the way you want it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
That sucks. They really need to start taking away old peoples rights to drive. Seriously, there are too many accidents from them. They just dont respond as fast as needed behind the wheel of any vehicle. Manditory retesting every 2 years after 65.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
damnnnn sorry to hear that...

well, guess think of it this way, it could have been worse.. at least it buffs out...

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I feel for you. I got into an accident 3 weeks of owning my car as well. Then I got rear ended the week after I JUST got the car back after being fixed.

As for older adults, their sensory preception does diminish with age. Its not really their fault, but I do agree that older adults should be limited with driving. They are also endangering themselves.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
That sucks. They really need to start taking away old peoples rights to drive. Seriously, there are too many accidents from them. They just dont respond as fast as needed behind the wheel of any vehicle. Manditory retesting every 2 years after 65.
agreed! FUCKin Boats, hear that!!! It's always the old ppl that drive those massive cars and change lanes without looking and other stupid shit! :pissed:

Sorry that happened the worst part is that you have only had it for 3 weeks. Luckily its nothing serious.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I feel your pain, I was hit from behind a month & a half ago.. Cosmetic none the less, but it feels better now that I got it fixed. Some old dude, trying to get over 3 lanes of traffic, in the rain, while everyone in front of him was braking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the storys puts mine in perspective. It wasn't that bad and when i washed and waxed the car last night its basically non existant just one of those things thats more annoying than anything. Any who its all good now! See you guys at the meet on Saturday i hope!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts