Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I guess I just got bad luck !

Last night around 7, stopped at a red light and got rear ended pretty hard by a Ford Explorer.

Damnit, I'm in all kinds of pain. :bitching:
I just came back from the doctor and I got drugs coming out of my bung hole. Anyhow, last night was a bad experience, the ambulance took me to the hospital and I was there all night running tests and x-rays.

As far as the Lex goes, well she took a good shot and I gotta say that it held up pretty well. People on the scene were amazed on how the car looked after the impact.

I didn't get a chance to look at it yet, but my back window shattered, the trunk and lights are gone, and likely the bumper. I also had my L tuned spoiler on there.

So what do you guys think, will my car be the same ?
What should I look out for ?
Should I get the whole car re-painted ?

Any comments are appreciated !
I don't know whether to feel happy or sad ?

Oh well, shit happens :-?

·
8,880 Posts
Sorry to hear that. :(
Main thing is you're OK. 8)
It must've been some impact considering the rear window shattered. There was another member here who got rear-ended by Explorer going ~60MPH and I don't think his window broken.

It would be better if the car is totaled. It is very likely there is frame damage, which can not be brought back to 100%.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vlad_a said:
Sorry to hear that. :(
Main thing is you're OK. 8)
It must've been some impact considering the rear window shattered. There was another member here who got rear-ended by Explorer going ~60MPH and I don't think his window broken.

It would be better if the car is totaled. It is very likely there is frame damage, which can not be brought back to 100%.
Ya you think so ? If the back window broke it means that there is damage to the frame ? I never knew that !
Anyhow I'd rather get it written off too, but what should I do ?

Can I convince my insurance company to write it off ?

Oh well, I guess it time to start looking at other cars :roll:

Thanks

·
3,221 Posts
Most insurances to consider it a total, have to have the estimate come out to 80% of the car's total value. Or it needs to be un repairable. Most place can pull the frame back to where it's suppose to go but like someone said earlier, the car is never the same after that. Yeah you might not notice it but if you get hit again like that, you probably will.

They won't paint the whole car either unless you're willing to fork out the coin for the rest of it. Depending on what shop has your car, you won't have to worry about it not matching up.

How fast was that blue oval going?

·
Registered
535 Posts
feel pity for you, I was in the same situation 2 months ago, in a friend's car (mazada MX6), window shattered and frame was ..... bented badly..
the worse part was, that fuxker (90 chevy truck ) didnt even have insurance ! He ran into us 45 mph while we were at a dead stop.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
F*^%ing Fords. Thats y they stand for FIX OR REPAIR DAILY. The brakes must have failed or the driver was stupid

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the support guys ! :D

My neck is what's bothering me the most ! I'm just sitting here with an ice pack and it's really soar. :(

Anyhow, the situation is pretty much outta my control. I guess if it's fixable, I'll keep it and then trade it in at the right time.
If not I'll start car shopping soon.
:-?
Any suggestions :roll:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey man sorry about your neck :( Fords SUCK ASS!!!!

If I were you I would get the insurance to pay for the body work and trade the car in for a new one at the dealer. After accidents your car never feels the same anymore :(

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Hey bruvva,

Dayam, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your neck will get better soon. Cars can be fixed, but not life.

Hope everything will turn out well for you with your insurance & your car.

·
Registered
464 Posts
hey bro i kinda know how you feel. I got rear ended by an early 90s MR2 which was rear ended by an audi a4 that didn't feel like using his brakes. They were both totalled and i came out with $2500 worth of damage. Thank god the impact area on the MR2 to me wasn't large at all (the pointy front).

however, i am going to physical therapy to get my upper back and neck back into shape. I'm fkin pissed because i haven't been able to compete in the last 2 tae kwon do tournaments (which i trained VERY hard for) AND i can't play football this year. :pissed:

but yea hang in there bro and it'll turn out fine :D I have no clue what to say about your car tho.

·
11,061 Posts
Ya, I got rear-ended Sunday night in North Vancouver, BC. I'm NOT a happy camper. The CD player is even messed up. Estimate is about $2,400 + CD player IF no frame damage. The back window is OK, but the trunk won't latch. The bumper took the impact well and I guess I had the headrest adjusted properly because although I had a minor ache that evening, I didn't get whiplash. It was on Hwy 1, which was moving at a steady clip until we came upon the merge where the ferry traffic joins the freeway. The traffic just stopped. So did I. The 2003 Suzuki behind me didn't and is much the worse for wear. Both of his airbags deployed and his radiator was leaking. I drove home OK, but man, my car needed to be washed and of course, one can't do that when the trunk won't close.

Hey! How much should I get for devaluation?

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
Ya, I got rear-ended Sunday night in North Vancouver, BC. I'm NOT a happy camper. The CD player is even messed up. Estimate is about $2,400 + CD player IF no frame damage. The back window is OK, but the trunk won't latch. The bumper took the impact well and I guess I had the headrest adjusted properly because although I had a minor ache that evening, I didn't get whiplash. It was on Hwy 1, which was moving at a steady clip until we came upon the merge where the ferry traffic joins the freeway. The traffic just stopped. So did I. The 2003 Suzuki behind me didn't and is much the worse for wear. Both of his airbags deployed and his radiator was leaking. I drove home OK, but man, my car needed to be washed and of course, one can't do that when the trunk won't close.

Hey! How much should I get for devaluation?
at least you're health is ok.

the car can always be replaced.

the CD player jammed from the accident? :eek:

·
11,061 Posts
kraze8 said:
The CD player jammed from the accident? :eek:
Yup. The little puppy couldn't take the jolt. Now, when I turn on the ignition I hear four sick "whirrs and clicks" as it tries to do something. Won't turn off either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts