Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright its time for me to be an idiot im sry but i got this question... when u buy the rear section of a kit isnt it almost always just the lip or will it often be an entirely new bumper?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
sam_riceburner said:
alright its time for me to be an idiot im sry but i got this question... when u buy the rear section of a kit isnt it almost always just the lip or will it often be an entirely new bumper?

Depends on the kit some are just lips

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
sam_riceburner said:
how can u tell? i mean on lextasy they dont specify except a few are actually called lips

Can tell you to stay away from that shitty ass site

What kit are you looking for or @

Post some pics, and you can tell if it is a lip or full

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well really my problem is that my rear bumper has been almost entirely bashed in and the a bodyshop nearby quotes $640 (new bumper, paint and install plus possible "hidden fees") and for some reason my insurance isnt sure they want to help out. so i was thinking possibly it would be cheaper to go ahead and buy the rear section of a kit and get it painted and installed... but i just want to make sure im getting an entire back bumper cause a lip wont do me any good.... why is lextasy so shitty? what are the better alternatives?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
sam_riceburner said:
well really my problem is that my rear bumper has been almost entirely bashed in and the a bodyshop nearby quotes $640 (new bumper, paint and install plus possible "hidden fees") and for some reason my insurance isnt sure they want to help out. so i was thinking possibly it would be cheaper to go ahead and buy the rear section of a kit and get it painted and installed... but i just want to make sure im getting an entire back bumper cause a lip wont do me any good.... why is lextasy so shitty? what are the better alternatives?

Why not search lextasy on here, wonder why they are banned?

Happy reading there :lol:

Anway, well Lsportline (I believe is a full rear) kinda ugly IMO but whatever works for you

Why not get a bumper in the FS section (would be cheaper) get a shop to paint it

Paint should be about 2-300 bucks

or email Carson Toyota I did pricing a bumper

Also just FWIW I did a full bumper install in 20 mins the other day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts