Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
300iss said:
Need help!! I got the front bumper lights off just fine, but how do you remove the rears??

This has been discussed

JKlexus and myself made a post

Just reach up and unscrew the back of the nut/washer combo and take them out

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMPRIMIS said:
This has been discussed

JKlexus and myself made a post

Just reach up and unscrew the back of the nut/washer combo and take them out
It isnt that easy. There is no way I can get my hand up there. The side of the gas tank is there along with a lotta other shit? Is there any other way or anything that makes it easier?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
300iss said:
It isnt that easy. There is no way I can get my hand up there. The side of the gas tank is there along with a lotta other shit? Is there any other way or anything that makes it easier?

Maybe the fenderlining,

I did mine with the whole bumper removed but it is some work :lol:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
open the fender liner in the back just like you did the front. why have you not tried this? the only extra work is to take off the wheel.

·
Registered
122 Posts
^^^like they said reach your hand up there..it can be done, it looks tight and it is..but its worth it...very easy...

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
u better +rep me for this.

=D

take off the wheel, to make it a tad bit easier, not a must.

anyways. for driver side of car, example:

go towars back or tire, there are about 2 or 3 of those black dime sized clips that hold the fender liner. take them all off. then remove the fender liner. look sumwhere under the fender liner(the one u just took off), and now u have 2 options:

1.) Go through the top of the rear bumper/side of it.
or
2.) Go under neath the car.

be assured that either way, u will lose circulation in ur forearm, unless ur a fully grown, but anorrhexic guy. i know i spelled that wrong.

anyways.

if u go through the top or side, u will have less shit fly into ur eyes and nose.
u can go under, u will see better, but u need to have a light pointed upwards.

either way, make sure u pull the wire/bulb through the front of the bumper first, then put the bulb into the new lense. dont screw the lense in to the bumper first, then put the bulb in. after u pulled the bulb out through the hole in the front bumper, scrwe it into the lense, then just slide the lense into the slot. then after that just screw the thing onto the lense with ur hand from inside the rear bumper. repeat for both sides of the rears.

hope this helps, and good luck. took me about 2 hours for the fronts and rears total. the fronts only took like 10 minutes though.

-Aaron

Reactions: 300iss

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will plus rep you for the write up, but I already had it finished by then. :lol: The rears were a pain in the ass! I smoked all four lights, they turned out really good. I would post some pic's but my cardomain site is runnin as we speak. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts