Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so tonight at work, my car was backed into while sitting in the parking lot, sooo fustrating, anyway, the guy who hit me was cool about it, came back in to tell me he hit me and is probably gonna go thru insurance in the next couple of days to fix it up. However, since this is gonna require a whole new rear bumper, was wondering what my options are and how really hard it is to get hands on a L-Sportline rear or any other rear-end that looks rear nice and tastful? Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated, jsut wanna get my baby lookin' clean again

·
Registered
664 Posts
you could just have it fixed for cheap im sure of the condition of ur bumper but most likely its a sand, and body filler primer and paint job. but im still unsure of the damage.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could just have it fixed for cheap im sure of the condition of ur bumper but most likely its a sand, and body filler primer and paint job. but im still unsure of the damage.

Nope, unfortunately it isnt gonna be that simple, bumper is cracked straight thru, on the left corner and hangin' off on the left side where is wraps around the car, rear corner light is destroyed as well, dont ask me how friggin hard this car back into it, his car was fine btw, he had an e36 3-series('97ish maybe)....sooo yea, ill need a whole new rear bumper cover =/

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
get a OEM JDM rear bumper

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nope, unfortunately it isnt gonna be that simple, bumper is cracked straight thru, on the left corner and hangin' off on the left side where is wraps around the car, rear corner light is destroyed as well, dont ask me how friggin hard this car back into it, his car was fine btw, he had an e36 3-series('97ish maybe)....sooo yea, ill need a whole new rear bumper cover =/
Ah the ever faithful impact strips. No wonder he f*cked up your car and walked away clean. I got into an accident where somebody jammed on the brakes right in front of me and all I came away with was a slighty twisted bumper and pushed in grille. They should have made impact strips for the IS. Good luck on getting everything repaired.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
i think jdm rear just like our oem bumper
what the point of spend more for something titled JDM
you better SEARCH b4 you say something LOL
There is a DAY & NIGHT difference between JDM & USDM Bumper LOL

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
i think you also need a jdm crashbar since the bumper is thinner. I had to remove all my crash bar for my authentic cwest kit. The cwest kit is the same as jdm bumper, its thinner.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
you better SEARCH b4 you say something LOL
There is a DAY & NIGHT difference between JDM & USDM Bumper LOL
I 2nd that. I seen some cheap JDM OEM bumpers on ebay amonth ago. Also think of all the possibilties with the JDM bumpers. From my experience all the good brand lips were made for the JDM bumpers. You wouldnt have to deal with fitment issues like the USDM bumpers.

JDM=Excellent Quality & Fitment.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I 2nd that. I seen some cheap JDM OEM bumpers on ebay amonth ago. Also think of all the possibilties with the JDM bumpers. From my experience all the good brand lips were made for the JDM bumpers. You wouldnt have to deal with fitment issues like the USDM bumpers.

JDM=Excellent Quality & Fitment.
But cheap JDM OEM bumpers on ebay = NOT Excellent Quality & Fitment.

the bumper is usually in a bad shape, you need some extra work to make it fit like brand new

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Their were 2 jdm bumpers on ebay a month ago. 1 of them was in good shape. to bad their not for sale anymore.

gonna install those bulbs today. I will take pics........

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Their were 2 jdm bumpers on ebay a month ago. 1 of them was in good shape. to bad their not for sale anymore.

look @ it = not accurate...
I know a member on here bought one off ebay for pretty good price.
The bumper itself look great...just like brand new
but he couldnt close his trunk without scratching the bumper.
The paint on the bumper is peeling off.
Those JDM bumper on ebay are from junk yard/totaled altezza, that's why they arent in good shape

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

the blubs are on for almost 2 weeks non stop, it still going strong

1 - 18 of 18 Posts