·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
chargespeed
Maybe you can answer a question for me since you had the Chargespeed rear.

I have seen this bumper a few times without the lower piece of the diffuser. Do people just cut it off or is it removeable somehow? I really like the way this bumper looks without that lower piece since it reminds me of the JDM rears for the Evo 7-9.

Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe you can answer a question for me since you had the Chargespeed rear.

I have seen this bumper a few times without the lower piece of the diffuser. Do people just cut it off or is it removeable somehow? I really like the way this bumper looks without that lower piece since it reminds me of the JDM rears for the Evo 7-9.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Nevermind, I see where my confusion is. Chargespeed sells it as two separate pieces, while all of the knockoff ebay ones look to be one solid piece.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,124 Posts
Did you have to remove the USDM rear crash bar for the authentic Chargespeed bumper to fit?
I'm honestly not sure, I don't remember. It was literally 10 years ago. But, here is the page on my thread where I start talking about it. A few pages later, I posted pictures detailing how I installed it at each mounting point. I don't mention having to remove the crash bar, and I don't think that I did. I was always fully 100% against removing it... until way later , more recently. I did later remove it to install a JDM bumper... and then got rear ended and totalled the car. That's why I always refused to take off the crash bar. Oh well.

I only bought the bumper, not the separate diffuser piece underneath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts