Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That piece of crap that lexus put in their between the rear armrest and the trunk...Ive so longed to get rid of it.

Ive taken off the plastic lid but the plastic zipper bag is still there.

Would it involve removing the rear seats and unscrewing it, wanna make sure as I dont want remove seat unless I have too.

Searched but to no avail...HELP!!!! Anybody done this, care to share?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
one of the members removed that thing but required the removal of the rear seats, if i remember correctly...

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
the seat bottom comes off by pulling the underknee part up towards the roof. It pops off.

The back seats are obvious. There are 3 screws holding the bottom of it. Then the whole seatback pulls upwards towards the ceiling.

There ar 6 10mm screws that hold the ski-pass in.

Whole thing should take you about 10 min to remove and 5 min to replace.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
its not very hard.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW!! Thanks for all your replies

Im great at taken things apart, its the putting back together bit that I always fu*k up...

Ive taken off the plastic lid but might put it back on once the plastic is removed. Thanks Sophie, its the ski-pass, I remember the name now, why lexus thought ppl would put skis through there I dunno.

Once its removed I'll be able to see my whoofer w/ neons and rear strut bar!!!

Thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
onyx_hk300 said:
WOW!! Thanks for all your replies

Im great at taken things apart, its the putting back together bit that I always fu*k up...

Ive taken off the plastic lid but might put it back on once the plastic is removed. Thanks Sophie, its the ski-pass, I remember the name now, why lexus thought ppl would put skis through there I dunno.

Once its removed I'll be able to see my whoofer w/ neons and rear strut bar!!!

Thanks again!!!!
You sure will! And it'll sound like shit to boot!

Good luck!

P.S., I tried that when I had my seats out last. If you're using a sealed box or bandpass, or ANYTHING but an open air sub mounted directly in the hole, it's going to sound like absolute shit. But go ahead and try it yourself for the hell of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey phlub!!!

Thanks for your point of view, do you have a habbit of writing in small text :wink:

As long as I can see the sub and the electric blue glow plus my rear strut bar I dont give a damn.

I only got 240w sub anyhow, its 3 speakers in a tube 2 facing eachother and the 3rd pointed at the 2...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.