Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you go and spend all that much more money for a lexus only to go and swap out the emblems and make it a toyota again? The whole altezza thing.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Is it really that much different than the Altezza? :roll: Sounds like you're in denial my friend...you paid $5k-7k more just to have the Lexus badges. :lol:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no denial... i got nothin against toyotas... i bought the IS cause i like the car, and oh ya, i do like driving a LEXUS, but my question is for the people who try to take the lexus they DID pay more for and turn it into a toyota again

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Sounds like you're caught up in that whole LUXURY thing...how superficial can you be man? Get a grip, it's pretty much the same car...who the hell cares if people put a JDM badge on it? :roll:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blah

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
the basic thing thing that makes our car a LEXUS IS 300 is the motor...

the Altezza is the exact same shell and interior, minus our 2JZ-GE

seriously, its as luxorious in Japan as it is a LEXUS here...

its a Toyota....above all else...thats just the fact of it...its a LEXUS here because of the badging.....dont u see that???

:D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DER, i know that... that's why my question is why do people put alteeza badges on it? do people put lexus badges on them in japan? where does the madness stop?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
xtaticconcepts said:
DER, i know that... that's why my question is why do people put alteeza badges on it? do people put lexus badges on them in japan? where does the madness stop?
Yep people in Japan just grab all the Lexus stuff they can, I traded my emblems and grill for the Altezza ones. The reason I switched was cause I love peoples first glance at the car...they look like :eek: whaa!?!? It's great...IMO :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm with xtaticconcepts on this one. why would you pay the $5-7 k more for the LEXUS name and all the elegance and affluence that is associated with it and then go ahead and slap on toyota bagdes ? that's like someone buying a BOSS suit and slapping walmart tags on it. How come we never see ES300 owners slapping on camry emblems? both of those cars are built on the same platform and have similar interiors.

·
Registered
877 Posts
changing emblems doesnt change the car. it is still a lexus, they arent 'turning it into a toyota.' im asian, if i dye my hair blonde i am still asian.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
xtaticconcepts said:
Why do you go and spend all that much more money for a lexus only to go and swap out the emblems and make it a toyota again? The whole altezza thing.
what's wrong with the car being a Toyota? =) ... does leaving Lexus badges on the car allow you to sleep better night trying to justify what you bought?

for all I care, I could put the all Toyota badge on the car, and it won't make me feel insecure and feel that the value of the car went down =P~

how do you feel about people taking all the badges off, and go badgeless. Do you feel that that's wrong too, because people are not showing off that extra 5-7K they paid for those cool silver badges?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My view is who really cares? There are basically 2 sides to this badges ordeal...i think just because someone changes the emblems doesnt mean anything...maybe they wanna be like the Altezza's in Japan or Europe? Who cares what kind of badge your car has on it...

thats why i have no badges anywhere :wink:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
cjohal said:
I'm with xtaticconcepts on this one. why would you pay the $5-7 k more for the LEXUS name and all the elegance and affluence that is associated with it and then go ahead and slap on toyota bagdes ? that's like someone buying a BOSS suit and slapping walmart tags on it. How come we never see ES300 owners slapping on camry emblems? both of those cars are built on the same platform and have similar interiors.
It wouldn't be a Camry if they were trying to go JDM, it would be a Windom :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
honestly... i don't think it matters. everyone is entitled to do what ever they want to their car. its their car, and their money. just remember... just cuz its a lexus doesn't mean anything. the is300 is still the entry level lexus line.

don't take me wrong, i love my car, and i think the is300 is great. i wouldn't have bought one if i didn't like the car, but i don't get a big head because i have a "Lexus"

put whatever badge, rims, kit, exhaust you want on the car. as long as you like what you have, or changed, then thats all that should matter

:D

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
check out this very recent thread.... http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13354306
This dude has some serious problems with people who want to change the look of their car. This car is a toyota, taking the emblems off, or changing them doesnt make it any MORE of a toyota. People put the altezza badges on for style. You dont see many of them around here and those people want their IS's to be head turners. people like me remove the emblems just because i think it looks cool...... think about this - if the people that you actually WANT to notice your car and that you actually want to impress cant tell that its a Lexus anyways without the badges, then why does it matter? The only people who wont know its a Lexus are obviously people who pay no attention to cars because the IS has one of the most reputable rear ends on the market, and who wants those kinds of people to notice your car?? I'd put a freakin FORD emblem on my car if I wanted to and other racers and tuners and IS owners will still know its a Lexus!

·
Registered
290 Posts
no matter what way you slice it its still a toyota...all the parts and everything is toyota...and people put altezza badging on for style...and if thats there thing then its great...but just cuz you change the badge doesnt mean you degrade your car...simple and plan thing to each his own and if its not your style then dont do it but if u like it then go for it!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
every Lexus is a Toyota just like how every Acura is a Honda. If you don't think that your Lexus is a Toyota then the terrorists have won.

:lol:

seriously though, do you not see the similiarities between the Altezza and the IS300?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I don't swap badges, but if you are going to be all anal about a badge, take a look at your tail lights, it has Toyota's name on it, literally.

A long with many other parts in our Lexus, it has Toyota parts labeled all over it...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts