Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone like the idea of a REAL CF grill?

......Not that fake TRD cheese.. :roll: .

here is my newest addition.... fits perfect & looks WAY better than Fake CF IMO....... :p

Whaddya think doods.....?

Special Thanks To:

Steve @ Lextasy.com for the great price & excellent service.

edgy

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
still looks FAKE...but looks damn good on your car man....definatly nice!

actually.....

looks like the same TRD grille shell with a different mesh...

LEXTACY=Crap products....

they just plain suck.....

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
hey ed.. nice grill.. isnt that the VIS cf grill tho?
(and you and i both know who gets those from who.. right?)
hit me up..

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Hey Ed... looks good!!!! :D
But I kinda like my fake CF TRD grill as it matches perfect to my fake CF TRD/OEM/JDM mirror covers... :lol:

dpatterson069 said:
hey ed.. nice grill.. isnt that the VIS cf grill tho?
(and you and i both know who gets those from who.. right?)
hit me up..
^^^ Dave, that is just too funny....!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jz 8)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Looks great! CF mesh grilles look much better than the stock grille, no matter what color the car is.

How was the fitment of your grille? Mine was crappy and I might eventually replace it and go for a factory grille, like the SD one.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
where to start..... :D

the pics & all do not really do this piece justice.. .it seems most CF stuff looks either FAKE or people just cannot tell the diff :roll: or it looks REALLY good... i tried several diff angles & shots to show the weave properly etc, & this is what i got...

It is DEFINITELY Real CF pay closer attention & you can REALLY see the difference easily..

It was a very good price :wink:

I have seen the other ones out too & they all looked pretty decent but this one is a really good fit...it sits straight & clean, & while i had to work on it by finishing the holes for the clips on the bumper to pop in the grill i was able to do it with a little hassle & careful application of the dremel... it fits ALMOST as perfectly as the TRD i had in there before...

Lextacy, I do not have much of their stuff at all but for this grill & my caliper stickers etc... all other things being equal,.......I had good service, got a really good price... the part looks like the best one i have seen of these yet...& no one else is offering these for sale directly/currently??
My experience has been all good with them, others have not been so lucky in the past & i think they have sharpened up their act as a result....
Seems like that is just part of any new company...getting its legs solidly underthem & learning the ropes...which parts are good quality & which ones are not & are to be avoided, How to handle customers properly & constructively so they come back again & consistently provide GOOD hi quality Customer service. They may have come a long way in the last 6 months i'd guess based on some of the negative posts that were here a while back...... I gave them a shot & it worked out.. due to that, I will buy from them again if I find something I like & they take care of business properly... this grill is not crap or it would not be on my car.... nuff said.!

As for the look/style...I wanted a little change...i've been eyeing these since the 1st ones hit a while back...& I DEF. like CF stuff...... Plus i like how the darker grill/ CF makes the mesh area/grill look BIGGER from a short distance... Vs the Silver TRD one i had that definitely makes the grill area look smaller... i noticed this when i saw a yellow or white IS with a black Visage grill on it & thought, DAMN! that looks nice, the grill/ mesh area looks much bigger ...

The Mesh is glossy black...the suns reflection jacks with the pictures...it is not the same gauge mesh as TRD, a bit thinner & smaller but not too much really... the mesh i put in the bottom holes in the bumper & lip looks a bit thinner & cheeper i think... I'm working on that now....I will also toy with popping the mesh out of the TRD grill i have & popping it in this grill,......but it is ALOT better than the mesh i saw on the 1st generation of these grills when they hit a few months ago...

Jozey ; YOU my man MUST stick with the Fake CF JUST for the perfect match with the covers.. :wink:.

SOMEONE HERE MUST make A proper REAL CF Mirror cover soon TOO!!!! How hard can it BE!??! (come on doods YOU know who YOU are...:wink: )
There was a set on Ebay that went yest. for 145++ they looked good but i was not gonna spend that cash for a part that no one else seems to have & that MIGHT not fit.... :eek:

Thanks for the feedback guys .. I like it & I will keep it for a while at least... i tink a "matching weave" CF Hood would look TASTY on this now.....

edg

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Yeah... i know, i know it sucks.... If Vis or whoever, decides to comes out with real CF mirror covers, then i will have to get the matching grill too!!! :wink: :lol:

what was this set that went on ebay?? i think they were stick on covers??

Jz :chill:

Btw - Did i say it looks good... :D

edgy said:
Jozey ; YOU my man MUST stick with the Fake CF JUST for the perfect match with the covers.. :wink:.

SOMEONE HERE MUST make A proper REAL CF Mirror cover soon TOO!!!! How hard can it BE!??! (come on doods YOU know who YOU are...:wink: )
There was a set on Ebay that went yest. for 145++ they looked good but i was not gonna spend that cash for a part that no one else seems to have & that MIGHT not fit.... :eek:

Thanks for the feedback guys .. I like it & I will keep it for a while at least... i tink a "matching weave" CF Hood would look TASTY on this now.....

edg

1 - 20 of 33 Posts