Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I was at the dealer today I mentioned something about the new colors I read on .net - but he was unaware of any changes...
10min later, he found me wandering around, said he had printed out this internal lexus sales document and it had some changes for the '04 on it.

-3 new colors, replacing IBP, Cibola, and yellow
(I can't remember the colors, haha...sorry! I think it was 2 blues, and a silver/gray color currently available w/ the RX330 to replace cibola)
-Sport-design changes carried over: wheels, "gray" lights, etc...
-?? marks next to possible changes in gauge trim, colors, other minor interior items
-JDM Dash Tray standard?! WTF! That's what it said, we'll see if it happens!

In sum - nothing too major, just some new colors, but it'll be interesting to see if the JDM dash tray is actually standard. I wasn't allowed to take a copy with me, so sorry that I don't remember everything.

--if this is a repost, ah well, I've been out of the country--

·
Registered
847 Posts
bk9 said:

In sum - nothing too major, just some new colors, but it'll be interesting to see if the JDM dash tray is actually standard. I wasn't allowed to take a copy with me, so sorry that I don't remember everything.

i wonder what the replacement price of the dash tray would be if it became standard on the US version.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Cleo said:
bk9 said:

i wonder what the replacement price of the dash tray would be if it became standard on the US version.

MUCH MUCH more in my opinion if you order it from the dealer.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
i wonder when they are going to give us some more power,(even upgraded ecu/with better headers/intake and better design exhaust will give some more hp(most companys upgrade these items to give more hp on standard models form year to year)) or a six speed..... :roll:

·
Registered
847 Posts
well, i meant from the discount places like steve @ carson toyota and irontoad.com

Malekreza11 said:
Cleo said:
bk9 said:

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is at least going to be one new blue since my 04 IS300 (330?? nah, I doubt it) arriving next month is coming in it. It's the really dark blue found on a few other Lexuses recently, I forget the name. My salesman didn't mention anything about other new colors though.

Here's hoping for the JDM tray ;)

Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted the new colors some time ago:

Indigo Ink (same as Corolla, and others)

Bluestone (same as Highlander)

Savannah (new beige color)

Solar Yellow, Cibola Gold, and Intensa Blue are history

Ecsaine name is changed to Alcantara (no change in material itself)

Oh, and there is no Sport Design for 2004 so Thundercloud is gone, too.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Damn...a bluestone IS would be interesting to see. Almost like a Steel blue BMW.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
solaryellow said:
Oh, and there is no Sport Design for 2004 so Thundercloud is gone, too.
hm I thought the salesguy was kidding when he said this.

bk9 posted <<Sport-design changes carried over: wheels, "gray" lights, etc>> so does this mean that every 2004 will look like a SD?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, I should have mentioned the 11 spoke wheels from the SportDesign will be an option for 2004. I can't recall if the gray interior will be available, however.

·
Registered
9 Posts
cant seem to find it on irontoad.com????

Cleo said:
well, i meant from the discount places like steve @ carson toyota and irontoad.com

Malekreza11 said:
Cleo said:
bk9 said:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts