Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an IS300 forum but I am sure people on here are considering all options. I know I was. I cancelled my deposit on the IS after driving it and transferred it over to the C Class. Just FYI I actually received a copy of my build sheet today for the C320 I ordered. The production date is 7/17 and get this, they are making the Sport Package. I had heard that it might be another month or two for the sport model to come out but it clearly shows C6 in the option packages so I would think unless AMG has a problem with wheels or something that it should be in with the rest of the models on Sept 0/0.
Brilliant Silver
Charcoal Int.
COMMAND (Nav)
C2
C3
C6
Blue glass

It would be great if it looks the German version..... http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/c-class/amg.htm

[This message has been edited by builder1 (edited July 12, 2000).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Builder, I'm with you! After driving the IS I decided to wait for the new C. Where did you place your order? Did they give you a price quote, delivery date yet? I'm sure this car will compare vey favorably to the IS but it likely attract a different demographic.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I drove a 2000 E320 recently...wasn't quite impressed. I guess you're not a Lexus fan. A comparably powered C320 would cost you an extra $10K, and still won't be as fast.
I'm glad I bought the IS...very satisfied with it. Anyways, Good luck with the Benz.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is not a E320, although that is a fine car too. As far as my being a Lexus fan I think owning three LS400's over the last ten years definetly qualifies me as a "Lexus fan" I agree it will be more money but it has a real leather interior, height adjustable armrest, NAV, Memory, and quite a few other options you can't even buy for the IS. Add those and the diff. is more like $7K.
It may not be as fast but it won't be slow by any means either.
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
I drove a 2000 E320 recently...wasn't quite impressed. I guess you're not a Lexus fan. A comparably powered C320 would cost you an extra $10K, and still won't be as fast.
I'm glad I bought the IS...very satisfied with it. Anyways, Good luck with the Benz.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
The IS is stellar but this new C is SERIOUS technology. I anxiously await its debut. In regards to cost, I read a couple months ago that they have entertained the notion of bringing a decantered C240 to the states with a base in the twenties. Brand equity dilution? Otherwise, I think we're looking at 36-37K for a good 240 with options. Of course, maybe a stripper C320 with the sport package could and nothing else could be had under 40. That would be a neat trick. Builder 1, what do you estimate your price to be? 42K?

[This message has been edited by brad (edited July 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly what we are guessing. Interesting thing is the build sheet has a line on it filled in that says Base+ Options =$ , .00.
I think it is in DM though I really can't tell because it has been covered over. I tried to erase the ink carefully to read underneath but could not read it. It looks like 79,xxx but I am just not sure. If it is DM though would there be a $ in lieu of some other symbol? Anyone know? I am guessing the dealers know they just aren't telling.
Originally posted by brad:
The IS is stellar but this new C is SERIOUS technology. I anxiously await its debut. In regards to cost, I read a couple months ago that they have entertained the notion of bringing a decantered C240 to the states with a base in the twenties. Brand equity dilution? Otherwise, I think we're looking at 36-37K for a good 240 with options. Of course, maybe a stripper C320 with the sport package could and nothing else could be had under 40. That would be a neat trick. Builder 1, what do you estimate your price to be? 42K?

[This message has been edited by brad (edited July 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No date set for delivery. The dealer said after the production date it usually takes 5 weeks to get the car but went on to say they will not release the car til the official introduction date which is 9/1/00 or 9/15/00 depending on who you believe. Set prices were on options only. Base is not determined yet even though I think the dealers know. I am dealing with Stahl Motors in Monterey. I really like the sales person. He is internet savvy, keeps us updated and always knows who I am when I call. Know what I mean?
Originally posted by gdogg:
Builder, I'm with you! After driving the IS I decided to wait for the new C. Where did you place your order? Did they give you a price quote, delivery date yet? I'm sure this car will compare vey favorably to the IS but it likely attract a different demographic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have one ordered as well. The sport package is not the same as the AMG package. The AMG is a lot different and more $. I am still waiting on pricing but have a deposit on one and if it comes in and is not what I like they will order me another and sell mine. I ordered obsidian black w/ ash interior and the sport. I am in limbo w/ the color because it is so hard to keep clean. I might end up reordering a white one w/ out paying for paint.
Originally posted by builder1:
I know this is an IS300 forum but I am sure people on here are considering all options. I know I was. I cancelled my deposit on the IS after driving it and transferred it over to the C Class. Just FYI I actually received a copy of my build sheet today for the C320 I ordered. The production date is 7/17 and get this, they are making the Sport Package. I had heard that it might be another month or two for the sport model to come out but it clearly shows C6 in the option packages so I would think unless AMG has a problem with wheels or something that it should be in with the rest of the models on Sept 0/0.
Brilliant Silver
Charcoal Int.
COMMAND (Nav)
C2
C3
C6
Blue glass

It would be great if it looks the German version..... http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/c-class/amg.htm

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by ALAN COCCA:
I have one ordered as well. The sport package is not the same as the AMG package. The AMG is a lot different and more $. I am still waiting on pricing but have a deposit on one and if it comes in and is not what I like they will order me another and sell mine. I ordered obsidian black w/ ash interior and the sport. I am in limbo w/ the color because it is so hard to keep clean. I might end up reordering a white one w/ out paying for paint.
How long have you had it ordered? Did you get a build sheet showing the production date? Just want to compare notes and updates as they happen. The brochures and web page should announce the MSRP in less than two weeks according the MBZ customer service. I think the dealers know it now but can't say anything yet.

[This message has been edited by builder1 (edited July 14, 2000).]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Basically my dealer ordered my car without consulting w/ me first. He ordered my first option w/ the sport but I need to know MSRP. What I want and what I can afford is two different things. He said don't worry I can order another one if it does not work out. That means more time to wait. I think I am leaning toward a white one over black. It is just too hard to keep clean and besides the white is sharp with some light mirror tint. I have not seen any order sheet. The salesman is very nonchalont about it.
Originally posted by builder1:
How long have you had it ordered? Did you get a build sheet showing the production date? Just want to compare notes and updates as they happen. The brochures and web page should announce the MSRP in less than two weeks according the MBZ customer service. I think the dealers know it now but can't say anything yet.

[This message has been edited by builder1 (edited July 14, 2000).]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts