Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, all of a sudden 2 radio stations in the SF bay area seemed to have gotten RDS capabilities, 106 KMEL and STAR 101.3. Did they always have RDS and something was wrong with the RDS feature on my IS headunit or did those 2 radio station just coincidentally start using RDS at the same time?

Anyway, it's pretty cool, I can't believe more radio stations don't have RDS up here in Nor Cal, espeically WILD 94.9 and Live105.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Dunno if the 2002 are any different, but in my '01, the combination of the calculator font and the inability to scroll makes this new RDS information a little disappointing. It looks like our radio jumps from one screen to the next instead of scrolling across for ease of our reading.

Oh well...awesome to finally have more RDS in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BobFrapples said:
Dunno if the 2002 are any different, but in my '01, the combination of the calculator font and the inability to scroll makes this new RDS information a little disappointing. It looks like our radio jumps from one screen to the next instead of scrolling across for ease of our reading.

Oh well...awesome to finally have more RDS in the Bay Area.
Unfortunately the 2002 also does the jumping thing, but hey, better than nothing! Actually, I really dunno if it's better because now I'm looking down at my radio while I'm driving instead of looking at the road! :crazy: :eek:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
drinkmalk said:
The other day, all of a sudden 2 radio stations in the SF bay area seemed to have gotten RDS capabilities, 106 KMEL and STAR 101.3. Did they always have RDS and something was wrong with the RDS feature on my IS headunit or did those 2 radio station just coincidentally start using RDS at the same time?

Anyway, it's pretty cool, I can't believe more radio stations don't have RDS up here in Nor Cal, espeically WILD 94.9 and Live105.
btw 94.9 does have RDS.

the feature doesn't really work too well for me; sometimes the song name is never updated, so I get the same thing for a few hours

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scottschoe said:
btw 94.9 does have RDS.

the feature doesn't really work too well for me; sometimes the song name is never updated, so I get the same thing for a few hours
Yeah, I noticed that a couple days after 106 and 101.3 got RDS. I think all the radio stations are still working out bugs in the system because I'm also noticing that songs aren't always updated. I think it might depend on the DJ/time of day as well.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Sounds like you guys in the Bay Area have alot of the same stations on pre-set that I do :)

I think it's a cool feature...haven't searched around for other stations yet, but I believe stations also can use it to broadcast emergency road/traffic and weather conditions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.