Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so our stock radio's have got that neat little thing (RDS?) where if the FM-station broadcasts info,
you get song title, artist, the station's name, etc. displayed...

Well, the past 2-3 days a few more stations picked it up. Ever since then, my presets do not hold their station??

For example...
I hit 1 (Pissing me Off FM) displays. I then hit 3...(Pissing me Off FM) still displays, and now preset 3 is the same as preset 1.
Anyone else have this problem??
Sometimes I end up with as much as 3 presets on the same station after a brief cycle through! :crazy:

·
Registered
769 Posts
That sounds right. It's been a long time since I had my stock hu, but I seem to remember that if I hit the rds button, it would wipe out my presets.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is300sam2002 said:
I think you have to push the RDS button and hold till it beeps. Then you should be out of RDS mode.
Ok, I'll try that, BUT...
Is this a common problem for RDS mode to mess w/ your presets like what I described??

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
bk9 said:
is300sam2002 said:
I think you have to push the RDS button and hold till it beeps. Then you should be out of RDS mode.
Is this a common problem for RDS mode to mess w/ your presets like what I described??
Our cars actually have 3 FM slots. If you press RDS, it will goto the RDS FM slot. Just keep pressing FM until you get FM1 or FM2. This way, you can still have control over your presets but still keep the RDS feature turned on.

If you want to turn off RDS completely, do as stated in a previous post, just press and hold RDS until it beeps.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drinkmalk said:
bk9 said:
is300sam2002 said:
Our cars actually have 3 FM slots. If you press RDS, it will goto the RDS FM slot. Just keep pressing FM until you get FM1 or FM2. This way, you can still have control over your presets but still keep the RDS feature turned on.

If you want to turn off RDS completely, do as stated in a previous post, just press and hold RDS until it beeps.
Yea, I was aware of that...and I swear it was doing it through both FM1 and FM2. I'll double-check though....
still, it's weird!! :crazy: 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.