Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a week or so ago I called some shop in SoCal about ordering a set of those duraluminum Rays lug nuts with the heptagonal 5th lug as a lock to go on the GT-U's. Unfortunately, the stock lug nuts don't fit, and the ones that came with the wheels don't have a lock, so about $3k of wheels and tires are sitting on the car free for the taking to any owner of a conventional socket wrench set; that's a big worry especially because I'm about to be headed back to the university where the IS will get a lot of parking lot time to itself. When I called the shop, I asked the guy if the Rays lugs would fit Volk GT series wheels, he asked what specifically I had, I said GT-U, and he said they would fit. Well, they don't. My questions to the .net community are these: What set of locks will fit the Volk GT-U, and where can I find them? I'd prefer another Rays/Volk product that's reduced in weight if possible, but you know, whatever, just tell me what you know.
Also: when ordering from these guys, be sure to ask whomever you speak to on the phone if or not they successfully completed the third grade, because they are most likely that dumb.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i have a set of black ray's lug nuts for my gtn's. maybe they ordered the wrong thread/length lugs for you? did you specify that you wanted for the IS300? can you describe why it wouldn't fit?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I placed the order I do remember specifying that the lugs were for an IS300, and it doesn't fit because of the half-cone shape that is at the base of the hole where the bolt should thread on is. (that's a pretty bad description, sorry). I'll have to call the shop back on Monday and see what the deal is I guess.
Any other possible fixes?
(thanks for the help so far danielm and peterc)

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Agent_0range said:
When I placed the order I do remember specifying that the lugs were for an IS300, and it doesn't fit because of the half-cone shape that is at the base of the hole where the bolt should thread on is. (that's a pretty bad description, sorry). I'll have to call the shop back on Monday and see what the deal is I guess.
Any other possible fixes?
(thanks for the help so far danielm and peterc)
your lugs are flat on the bottom? i.e. no taper on the lugs?

·
Registered
220 Posts
MAckin

562-946-6820

Ask for Li, STeve, eddie, or Ryan

If the GTU is like the GT-C then pm me cause I got those wheel locks. We picked up a bunch of them from Mackin.

Rishie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts