Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and found conflicting results.
Some say RAV4 16" wheels do fit IS300, others say they do not.

One of my 16" aluminum rims along with a relatively new LM22 tire was destroyed yesterday by debris on the road, so now I am looking for new rims.

TireRack specs IS300 bolt pattern to be 5-114.
The new RAV4 is also 5-114.
When I search for wheels, different models come up for both vehicles.

So, are they different or not? If they are different, is there an adapter that can be used to make them fit?

Another question, can I fit 205-55-16 tires on a 7" wide rim, or does it have to be 6.5"?

Thank you for replies.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
They do fit, actually there was a post earlier regarding that. Someone had pics of the rims on their car.

·
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies.
It seems that newer RAV4 wheels do fit.

I was torn between a decision to get RAV4 aluminum split-spoke wheels or RX300 ones. I went ahead and placed an order for RX300 wheels, just to be on a safe side.
As of right now, I am driving on 2 all-season tires in the front and 2 winter tires in the back. I am anxiosly waiting for my car to be back to normal.

P.S.
That piece of debris I drove on has also torn a 3" hole in the spare tire compartment, being ejected upward from the wheel. :pissed: It took me a few hours yesterday to fix it up and fill with sealant. :bitching:

·
Registered
83 Posts
The RAV4 steelies did NOT fit my car.

I know UberChuckie has them on his, I saw the pictures, so I had my local shop get me a set, but they did not fit. I needed a few extra mm's of offset to clear the caliper. I also tried the Camry steel wheels with no luck. My car is a US 2003 MT, and UberChuckie and his friends are in Canada, so that may account for the difference. The alignment specs are also different for Canada IS's, so there could certainly be a difference between the two cars. Tiresdirect.com had steel wheels that a US lister had good luck with. As always, your mileage may vary. Keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.