Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, u guys might know what im facing here?? when I step on teh gas, to get car going, for the first few seconds, i will hear a rattling likes thats soduns liek (tat tat tat), i hear it a little also when i rev car in neutral.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
2001LexusIS300 said:
hey guys, u guys might know what im facing here?? when I step on teh gas, to get car going, for the first few seconds, i will hear a rattling likes thats soduns liek (tat tat tat), i hear it a little also when i rev car in neutral.
what part of the car is it coming from ? the way you just stated could mean a thousand possibilities

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
yup, too much possibilites there. Need to isolate the area more for us. Off the top of my head, check to see if it's the intake. I know my SRT heat sheild used to rattle at idle, just needed to realign it and tighten it down.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
I get that as well.
It is definately a mechanical sound. I have a 2001 and have noticed this for about a year now
I posted on our forum, but nobody else had experienced the same problem.
It only happens when I accelerate for a few seconds and then fades out. It is not the exhaust or anything loose in the engine bay. It is definately from the engine / Tranny area.

It almost sounds like the timing chain slapping etc...???

Digger08

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i have tons of things that rattle..sigh :cry:

·
Registered
586 Posts
digger08 said:
I get that as well.
It is definately a mechanical sound. I have a 2001 and have noticed this for about a year now
I posted on our forum, but nobody else had experienced the same problem.
It only happens when I accelerate for a few seconds and then fades out. It is not the exhaust or anything loose in the engine bay. It is definately from the engine / Tranny area.

It almost sounds like the timing chain slapping etc...???

Digger08

I may have had a similiar problem -- I didn't really notice it, but when i pulled up to pick up a friend he noticed it and mentioned it.

After a couple of weeks of wondering if i was hearing it or not, i took it to the dealer. They could hear the noise, but couldn't tell for sure what it was. They told me they had to look it up on via my VIN w/ corporate, and identified it as a heat sheild vibration. They ordered the part and replaced it in a day -- however the reciept lists a clutch cylinder i believe, not a heat sheild. I don't guess it matters, as no more sound...

d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.