Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the annoying sunroof area rattle that is often discussed on the sedan forums, however, I was wondering if any SC owners are having rattle issues coming from the hatch area?

I have isolated the following:

The small parcel cover attached to the hatch rattles (from the clips) and the entire clipping system is quite cheesy. Any mods that help this? I now have some cloth lining the clip enclosures that helps a bit.

Also, upon acceleration from a stop, or hard acceleration there is a sort od snap sound that appears to come from the RH "C" pillar.

Anyone else share these issues? I never have luck with the dealer fixing them. They always say "could not duplicate"...

·
Registered
46 Posts
No probs with the sunroof, but I have the dreaded rear seat creak too. Does anyone know if there is a permanent fix for this? Had the dealer check it at my 5k service and natually the car make the noise. About a day later it started doing it again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
jmess,

that right side rear noise was driving me crazy. How were you able to figure out what it was? And is there a permanent fix to it other than dropping the seat down? Is there a tech bulletin on that by any chances?

In any case, thank for a nice tip.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I shouldn't have read this thread- now I have the rattle coming from the rear left. Will look into it tonight.

Had my 5k servicing this morning- the service guy showed me how to re-attach the hatchgate trim piece which allows the tonneau cover to fully cover the hatch. after nearly butchering the clips trying to get them in he showed me how to push the ower lip against the hatch, then just press the center peg and 'POP', it's in. duh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the sunroof (when the shade is open) rattle, and the rear left noise. However, after driving an Isuzu Rodeo for four years, it's not that bad. Just crank up some Foo Fighters on that awesome stereo, and it all just goes away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Regarding the seat latch creaking, this was absolutely my #1 annoyance with the car. It drove me crazy... Like others here, when I took it into the dealer, it never did it.

But -- I did manage to fix it. Here's how:

While changing the oil on my other car, I took a standard Q-Tip, dipped it in the fresh Mobil 1 oil I was using, and then swabbed the oil all over the seat latch contact area and the latching mechanism itself. I haven't heard a peep from it since then (and it's been three or four months now).

Not saying it'll work for everyone else, but it worked for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts