Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just leased my 2010 IS250C and only two weeks into it, I hear a very annoying rattling noise from the rear area. After riding in the back seat to to pin point the source of rattling, I was able to narrow it down to the plastic covers over the roll bars.

At my 1000 mile service, I asked them to look into the the rattling noise from the rear area at Lexus of Glendale and their tech apparently insulated all areas possible at Tonneau cover but stated that some rattling may be heard which is normal for convertibles. As far as I am concerned, either the tech was deaf or failed to inspect the correct areas. I have to take it in again for them to fix it. I specifically chose a lexus and not any of the other brand because of their continued committment to designing buttery smooth, quiet and expensive toyotas.

If anyone else has been hearing this kind of rattling, please let me know what the dealer did to fix yours.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
your problem is Lexus of Glendale. go anywhere but there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Experiencing same issues.

Hi,

I just leased my 2010 IS250C and only two weeks into it, I hear a very annoying rattling noise from the rear area. After riding in the back seat to to pin point the source of rattling, I was able to narrow it down to the plastic covers over the roll bars.

At my 1000 mile service, I asked them to look into the the rattling noise from the rear area at Lexus of Glendale and their tech apparently insulated all areas possible at Tonneau cover but stated that some rattling may be heard which is normal for convertibles. As far as I am concerned, either the tech was deaf or failed to inspect the correct areas. I have to take it in again for them to fix it. I specifically chose a lexus and not any of the other brand because of their continued committment to designing buttery smooth, quiet and expensive toyotas.

If anyone else has been hearing this kind of rattling, please let me know what the dealer did to fix yours.
I bought a 2010 Lexus IS250C on August 1st of 2009. I had the #2 250C sold in here in NM. After about 1000 miles I started experiencing the same kinds of rattles and vibrations that you mentioned above but my rattles started with the dash board around the Nav. system. I took it into my lexus dealer and they had it for four days and stated, "they fixed the problem" but I drove away that day and took it back an hour later! I would extremely disapointed. They had it for another week and this time they fixed the problem. Around 2500 miles the problems came back and were worse. I started hearing loud rattles coming from the trunk area. I took it in and they stated it was the roll bar covers and that they were on back order. I took the car home only to put down the convertible top and it completely error in the process and the motors were ruined. It seems they, "tried to fix the problem of the roll bars" but damaged the vehicle instead. They told me it would take about a month to get parts. This was unacceptable. I wrote a letter to the managers and owner of the Lexus here in NM and they put me in a brand new IS250C that had 11 miles (just transferred my lease) and that was the biggest mistake ever. It now has 300 miles on it and is WORSE with the rattles then my original vehicle. I cannot believe how unhappy I am. I thought that if I spent this much money on a vehicle that the quality would be better. The delearship contacted me regarding my new "issues" and a regional rep. with corporate Lexus is coming to "check out my problems" on 01/15/2010. I am completely unhappy with this experience. When you purchase a supposedly "quality product" such as Lexus, you would only think you would get a "quality product". If the sales associate would have told me that I would be experiencing these types of "rattles" after 300 miles, I would have never bought this vehicle.

I will update on my meeting with the regional rep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I have had my IS250C now for 6 months. The top rattles and I have taken it in 3 times and each time, they fixed one rattle but it appeared in another area of the top. Just got the vehicle back after the third time the other day and they added some padding to the back part of the hood, but there is still a rattle.

The top now on the right side isn't flush so I need to take it back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Squeaks and rattles

I've had my Lexus IS 250 C since July 2009, and roof rattles and squeaks have been a persistent problem.

My dealer has been very obliging so far, and has repeatedly dismantled the roof and added extra insualtion and extra rubber trim, however, with mitigated success. At one point, the roll bars seemed to have been the issue, and were allegedly fixed. But the noises persist. Some noises have gone, and others have replaced them.

The noises vary. When I exit a parking garage and the car's body twists along its longitudinal axis as I go up (or down) a ramp and turn a corner at the same time, and I hear persistent squeaking coming from the riight-hand area above the windshield. On uneven or bumpy city roads, rattling comes from the arm directly above and behind my head and from the area above the rear window. Makes the thing sound like a horse-drawn wagon being drawn on a dirt road, I'm wondering whether the Lexus people in Atlanta have found a solution for this.

I'm really disappointed, because otherwise I love the car -- on good roads, it's absolutely silent, but let's face it, we live in the real world, and few city roads have perfect surfaces, or for that matter, surfaces that remain perfect for very long.

Lexus should *really* do something about this... My car is going to the dealership on Tuesday, yet again, to get this fixed, and I'm going to insist that they speak with the Head Office and find a solution. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They adjusted my top and put in an insulation kit to the tune of $1200,but covered under warranty.It is not covered under extended warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had my 2010 in for service on this issue over six times for roof rattles - tech finally says it will never be "fixed" WTF. That's ok in a ten year old car worth a fraction of my payment. I am SO disgusted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts