Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ive never been a fan of two color body panels. Your car looks hella good, i'd just put the stock hood back on. 8.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
yeah, I would like it better if your WURZ hood was yellow. Im not a fan of chrome rims. Its really low! I give it a 4 because its only cosmetic, and no real performance mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I think if you are going two color yellow and black you need some black wheels or black center polished lip wheels. Example would be the Techart Porsche Turbo. Plus, chrome wheels are extremly heavy.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
i think there should be an eye warning in the title of this thread...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JUST

Just for the record Ive been trying to get rid of these wheels for the longest time, I wanna get a set of AXIS SE7EN MODS and powdercoat them a black or get a set of VOLKS, but I really cant to that until I sell these and Im waiting for UNVME to get back to me with prices.

·
Registered
219 Posts
prolly a 5-6, b/c a) go back to the yellow oem hood and trunk (?), and those rims look crazy chunky... would prefer the oem rims over those actually...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Car 9 (sportX is 10)

Color 2

Mods 3 (body kit is the best part, hood and wheels are not)

I'll give you a 4.7 overall. Keep working at it.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I personally don't think our cars look good with crome rims.
Not feeling the hood.
It's hard to rate cars just by pics. Sometimes pics don't do the car justice.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
?

Now why would I paint my carbon fiber hood and trunk? Maybe paint part of the hood as some members have. As for the rims, there going as soon as I get a buyer!! And yes, oddly enough bees and bugs seem to be attracted to my car. :oops:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Re: ?

4NTOY said:
Now why would I paint my carbon fiber hood and trunk? Maybe paint part of the hood as some members have. As for the rims, there going as soon as I get a buyer!! And yes, oddly enough bees and bugs seem to be attracted to my car. :oops:
just because the hood and trunk are carbon fiber, doesnt mean you cant or shouldnt paint it to match....as many have done as well...

its the nice design of your hood...but it overdoes it a bit...

i think if u painted it bannana yellow like the rest of the car, would look pretty good...

too much carbon fiber is too damn tacky to be honest....

go paint those pieces and be more unique....

most people like the carbon fiber hood due to the weight being less then the stock... remember that...

:-?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

tsopranoMB said:
4NTOY said:
just because the hood and trunk are carbon fiber, doesnt mean you cant or shouldnt paint it to match....as many have done as well...

its the nice design of your hood...but it overdoes it a bit...

i think if u painted it bannana yellow like the rest of the car, would look pretty good...

too much carbon fiber is too damn tacky to be honest....

go paint those pieces and be more unique....

most people like the carbon fiber hood due to the weight being less then the stock... remember that...

Ya know thats probably the most positive comment I have ever recieved from you! As far as painting the hood, do you know the process? Guys as the body shop seemed a bit hesitant when I mentioned painting over the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
814 Posts

:-?[/quote]

I really don't get the carbon fiber hood - less weight gig? How much lighter is it compared to the stock hood? So with the carbon fiber we can go 0-60 in 7.28 seconds instead of 7.30? It would be cheaper just to have your girl lose 10 pounds or so :lol:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

ISisBEST said:

I really don't get the carbon fiber hood - less weight gig? How much lighter is it compared to the stock hood? So with the carbon fiber we can go 0-60 in 7.28 seconds instead of 7.30? It would be cheaper just to have your girl lose 10 pounds or so :lol:[/quote]

Unfortunately my girl cant afford to lose 10 lbs. Shes 107 lbs now. I personally just like the break up of colors with the CF, I like the way it looks now much better then it did before. Oh and yeah the hood is much lighter then the stock hood, CF hood is about 10 lbs.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts