Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the rarest IS300 color or color combination? It seems that everyone either has SBM or Milenium Siver.... I'd say YELLOW, although I don't know many people with auburn red...
Eric...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw a standard spec car in white with no options and the 16 inch wheels.... I don't know who would have bought it as it had fleet car written all over it...
Eric.....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Surprisingly, I've seen only three IS's in my area and they all have the 16" wheels. Yuk. Must not be enthusiasts and must not be on this board...

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cardinal Creek, you've only seen 3 IS300s since its introduction??? That surprises me with you being in southeastern PA around King of Prussia and Manheim (a lot of car enthusiast in that area not to mention an awesome auto auction...

Eric...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Originally posted by EricK:
Cardinal Creek, you've only seen 3 IS300s since its introduction??? That surprises me with you being in southeastern PA around King of Prussia and Manheim (a lot of car enthusiast in that area not to mention an awesome auto auction...

Eric...
i am in MD, much closer to Pa, then bethesda, do they have IS300's at manheim already? tia

Cardinal, how did you get 1850 off, and what dealership in pa did you buy from? tia

·
Registered
626 Posts
I think the Auburn would be the most rare on this car.

I live in Orlando, Florida and I have only seen 4 IS300. Two Silver, Black and a yellow.

That surprises me, as my dealer was telling me they were selling 40 per month. Oh well.

I got 1500.00 of MSRP.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Saw my 1st yellow one on the road today. Seen a couple whites, one silver, one black and only one green (mine). No auburns yet....

The car's still fairly rare down here in South FLA......

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

·
Registered
117 Posts
EricK,

Actually I'm in Jersey right across the Delaware River from cardinal creek and I've only seen 1 in the south Jersey area. I've seen about 4 in the north Jersey area near my office in Piscataway. The only other one I've seen is a yellow one with silver tint driving on Wisconsin Ave in downtown Bethesda over the summer.

Mark

Eric...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by Wiating4mine:
I'd say Auburn or Green. As for combo, I think any color with the cloth.

Other than TEG, who else has it?
I had to wait to get my silver/black cloth combo for almost three weeks. I am so glad that I got the cloth...I absolutely love it!!
My last 3 cars were all leather and I just got really sick of it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Surprisingly, I've seen only three IS's in my area and they all have the 16" wheels. Yuk. Must not be enthusiasts and must not be on this board...

I also live in PA and I only seen ONE IS since I got mine a month ago!! Doesnt bother me a bit!!

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I have yet to see what an Auburn red IS300 looks like and wonder whether it looks similar to the Cinnabar RED that dress the Lexus GS series....
Eric....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by oneeyejack:
i saw an 2 auburn IS's...one on I-270 back in july! it was from the rockville dealership! and the other out here in nor cali!
How did they look?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

Eric...
Man, Eric, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge of cars!

I know, it is surprising that I haven't seen more around here - and the fact that there are NO IS300.net member/owners in my area - except for mryuen and he's about 40 miles away - proves that there aren't many people around here with this car...Look at the MA post or the Chi post, even Hawaii! Poor me and mryuen

Maybe it's also because I don't hang out at movie theaters and shopping malls...Being the dad of two little ones crimps your socializing (agreed, Webmaster, TEG and ISFAN?).

Eric, why don't you hit I-95 in your TT and come up for a visit? We'll race

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
[B
Eric, why don't you hit I-95 in your TT and come up for a visit? We'll race

[/B]
I'd like that! although you'd probably beat me, as my car is stick and the acceleration times posted in the magazines are acheieved by professionals

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:

Cardinal, how did you get 1850 off, and what dealership in pa did you buy from? tia
GTE, I worked one dealer against the other. It was tough because I was negotiating late July while the car was still scarce and sizzling...I bought from Wilkie Lexus, Ardmore PA, the biggest in the DC-PA-NJ corridor other than Prestige in Northern NJ.

Hope I can negotiate a good deal on a TRD S/C when they come out, too

1 - 20 of 31 Posts