Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has bought and serviced their cars at Rallye?

Did you guys ask them about RMM, TRD, Ltuned parts and their policy on IS installs?

They basically slammed the door in my face after i asked them about upgrading to the TRD sway bars and the L-tuned Front Bumper. They also claim to have severed ALL ties to RMM. For those of you who bought from Rallye and go there for service, Can anyone confirm these actions.

PS... the long hair Filipino mechanic "TOM" is really really cool guy (we test drove an IS). He wants the dealership to offer tuning programs for it's IS's but he said they to corporate to do it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Yeah, I talked to them all about it. Your right, the filipino guy is mad cool. Rallye service says that if you do anything to the car that is not from Lexus, it will void warranty. Period. They also said that, if you have say an intake or something, the transmission, exhaust, engine, eveyrthing excpet interior is void of warranty unless given out by Lexus or L-Tuned. They're real sticklers for this. I am switching to another dealership, but I don't know which one. Anyone know where I should go instead?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Try Lexus of Englewood in NJ. Its right over the GW bridge. Im not sure of their position on mods but the service there is good.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Fellas-

Bro, Go to Lexus of Manatten, they confirmed with me that they have no problem with RMM aftermarket toys. I'm not sure about TRD or L-Tuned though. They seemed pretty open with me when I approached them about mod's.

At the time I was stickin to my guns with ALL RMM parts... now I got myself thinking of the SRT

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought my car from Ralleye and i have my 1000mi service tomorrow. I was going to talk to them about aftermarket stuff tomorrow. Keep in mind it is 100% illegal for Ralleye to say if you add an intake or exhaust your engine is not covered. The burden of proof falls on the dealership. So if you have engine trouble they are the ones who have to prove it was due to the exhaust or intake.
So dont worry

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but they sure as hell know how to give you a hard time Turk. They can be real A$$es when they wanna be.

Hey if you continue to go to Rallye.. Always and I mean Always give my man Tom .. The long haired Filipino Tech a shout out. He is the coolest!!
he understands our need for speed... he used to race in the Philippines! He got some good stories if you and him got time to trade!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing