Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Ralco RZ short shifter and absouletly love it. :)

Did some research on the problems and couldn't find one that was relevant or identical to mine.

However, the nob/top portion of the shifter is a little big loose and turns a little bit which bothers me terribly when i am trying to shift fast etc. I have checked the shifter and i cant come to a conclusion on how to tighten this up a little to prevent the shifter from being a little lose.

If anyone knows of this issue or has troubleshooting tips ... help me asap. (It is not the shifter that is loose it is the entire top portion of the shifter)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I recently purchased the Ralco RZ short shifter and absouletly love it. :)

Did some research on the problems and couldn't find one that was relevant or identical to mine.

However, the nob/top portion of the shifter is a little big loose and turns a little bit which bothers me terribly when i am trying to shift fast etc. I have checked the shifter and i cant come to a conclusion on how to tighten this up a little to prevent the shifter from being a little lose.

If anyone knows of this issue or has troubleshooting tips ... help me asap. (It is not the shifter that is loose it is the entire top portion of the shifter)
I already mentioned it into a topic somewhere... It's because of the poor quality. The upper part is fixed to the lower part with a pin. The pin slides into a groove on the lower shaft BUT the groove is way too wide for the pin diameter so there's a abusive play there that causes the rotation of the upper part on the lower part:disagree:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.