Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
havnt done it buy u can try bending the metal hanger on the muffler down a little. BTW how does it sound? i was thinking bout getting it but dont want anything too loud, just want a low tone rumble

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just fixed my exahaust. We put the car on the lift and bent the hangers. Got it to fit more centered and up a bit higher.

As far as the intake, it is really loud. It sounds cool, but it may get anoying. Looks like I might be buying the silent flow down the road. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just fixed my exahaust. We put the car on the lift and bent the hangers. Got it to fit more centered and up a bit higher.

As far as the intake, it is really loud. It sounds cool, but it may get anoying. Looks like I might be buying the silent flow down the road. :D

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
jzak423 said:

I have the EVO with the PLP. It's nice. I'm thinking about getting an SRT though. You think the EVO +++ the SRT would be out of control on the noise scale from your experience?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
jzak423 said:
Has anyone changed or adjusted the hangers on the Greddy system to raise it up a bit? It just looks like it sits too low. I like more of a centered look.
I want that too. I'll have to go give my hangers some hell. Can you post a pic of what you did? Or at least describe it?

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
LexIS307 said:
hey i bent my hangers check my sig, its under the yahoo photos in the greddy section. It worked out great, my rear section dosent hang low anymore and i have better ground clearence with my est. 2.0inch drop.
who's tits in the picture?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
LexIS307 said:
hey i bent my hangers check my sig, its under the yahoo photos in the greddy section. It worked out great, my rear section dosent hang low anymore and i have better ground clearence with my est. 2.0inch drop.
I don't see which pic I'm looking at to see the modified exhaust hang job. All I see is the "emblem" picture which is the butt of your car, and the Greddy looks about in the original position from what I can see.

I want actual pics of the hangers. I can imagine what it will look like with the tip up in place. I wanted to see some of your job :D

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
davefisher said:
LexIS307 said:
I don't see which pic I'm looking at to see the modified exhaust hang job. All I see is the "emblem" picture which is the butt of your car, and the Greddy looks about in the original position from what I can see.

I want actual pics of the hangers. I can imagine what it will look like with the tip up in place. I wanted to see some of your job :D
try it now, my site was messed....i fixed it

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
How did you go about bending them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i take it you just hit the things with ur hammer to make it more or less fit eh.. hehe.. i have the HKS hiper and i sometimes touch the end of it when you go over the speedbumps.. and im thinking maybe i should raise it up a little bit as well... but if i am going to sell the car.. and would want to put the stock exhaust back on, woudnt that create some problems ?

·
Registered
812 Posts
dex_lexis said:
i take it you just hit the things with ur hammer to make it more or less fit eh.. hehe.. i have the HKS hiper and i sometimes touch the end of it when you go over the speedbumps.. and im thinking maybe i should raise it up a little bit as well... but if i am going to sell the car.. and would want to put the stock exhaust back on, woudnt that create some problems ?

I don’t think it’ll be an issue it you bend the hangers attached to your HKS. Now if you changed rubber holders which the hangers go into then that would change the stock height as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.