Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparantly giving the FBI a decent raise would threaten our ability to fight terrorist (ala BUSH) so there getting 3%. Most FBI agents can not afford to live in the areas in which they work.

Like anything else in life you get what you pay for.

Now that they are under the homeland security they dont have much power to protest so Im sure it will lead to any of the truely talented agents moving back into the private work force.

*sigh*

·
Registered
35 Posts
Impulse, why should anyone move because they have a problem with the government?? I think if everyone in every country who had a problem with their government moved, everyone would would be constantly moving. Love for your country and love for the government are two completely different things, and if I had any problems with the government I would love my country no less. I don't think sentinel was saying he hates the government, maybe he was just bringing up a point and stating his opinion. This is a free country right?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Pez_incorperated said:
Impulse, why should anyone move because they have a problem with the government?? I think if everyone in every country who had a problem with their government moved, everyone would would be constantly moving. Love for your country and love for the government are two completely different things, and if I had any problems with the government I would love my country no less. I don't think sentinel was saying he hates the government, maybe he was just bringing up a point and stating his opinion. This is a free country right?
You're new here...you should do a search about all the diff. things that Sentinel has had to say about this country and what it does.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahah I love the country, the government i have serious issues with.

I hate people who stupidly think you can not question the government. grow up.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ImpulseXvX said:
If you don't like the government so much..MOVE...its simple...Canada's right by ya.
Why dont you at least address my comment or ignore it dont post your useless babble.

I think paying FBI workers like shit is really stupid. You dont attract intelligent people with low wages.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Sentinel said:
ImpulseXvX said:
If you don't like the government so much..MOVE...its simple...Canada's right by ya.
Why dont you at least address my comment or ignore it dont post your useless babble.

I think paying FBI workers like shit is really stupid. You dont attract intelligent people with low wages.
And if they're not doing their jobs..why should they get paid more?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they are not doing there jobs fire them.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
Well..you're saying its bad to lower their $..but good to fire them?
No, he's saying that good workers should be rewarded and incompetent people should be replaced with good workers.

It should be pointed out that they are getting a raise, although reduced. A lot of people are not getting raises at all in this economy.

Your argument about it not being fair is a much larger discussion that stretches to a lot of government employees. We don't pay teachers, firefighters, etc. enough either, but I don't think there is an easy fix for the problem.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
jonr1 said:
No, he's saying that good workers should be rewarded and incompetent people should be replaced with good workers.

It should be pointed out that they are getting a raise, although reduced. A lot of people are not getting raises at all in this economy.

Your argument about it not being fair is a much larger discussion that stretches to a lot of government employees. We don't pay teachers, firefighters, etc. enough either, but I don't think there is an easy fix for the problem.
But teachers and firefighters do their jobs..and most do them effectively...and teachers do get pretty good salaries..as do firefighters..above middle-class at least...the FBI has been fumbling the ball the past...decade or so...but they STILL protect the country...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Teachers get paid good? yeah right... so that's why my chemistry teacher in HS worked at Coors field selling beer over the summer!

Well, here are some #s. The Average teacher in Denver has worked for 10.x years and makes 40k a year (after working for 10.x years)(http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdereval/download/pdf/2000hdtchexp.pdf)(I think new teachers get paid ~28k). The Average salary for a Denver firefighter is 30k a year (http://www.learnatest.com/firefighter/salarybenefits/denver.cfm)
Denver police start at 34.7k (http://www.learnatest.com/lawenforcement/salarybenefits/salary_colorado_denver_po.cfm)
FBI Agent salaries start between 53-58k (http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/1309291/detail.html)

Hopefully this homeland security will fix a lot of what is wrong with protecting this country, but throwing more money in a broken machine is not going to fix anything. the more scary thing is where will the next batch of fbi agents come from? Will they be part of the 73% (don't remember the exact number, but it was staggering) that can't even locate Iraq on a map?

now lets forget about this "raise" talk... Saddam Hussein is planning the death of all your children! :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
hellasboy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing