Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a drive from Long Beach (my job) to Santa Ana (AutoBacs) at lunch at around 1pm today. On the way and on the way back to work I saw these big ass white thunderclouds in the distance. I thought, "hey those are cool. It might be raining somewhere in LA right now". Well at work as the sun was going down I could see towards the north, it was super dark. I turned on my tv at work and they were saying it was raining and thundering and hailing in lots of parts of LA. And everybody online was saying its raining here and there.
I thought I missed the best of it when they said it was hailing over inglewood at 5:22 and I was still at work. I get in my car and drive home and I had the craziest 12 mile drive home ever. Rain, Hail, thunder. I thought my car was gonna be jacked up by the sound of that hail hitting it. And just when I got to my house there was so much rain pouring down, the 15 foot run to open the garage got me soaked. And my car was all steamed afterwards. What the hizzle is goin on?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VP500 said:
damn, thats a tight pic
did u have it on any shutter speed?
well I was kicking myself because I didn't have the cam in the car when all the hail was coming down. I was driving up Western and there's a black or GGP IS that turned and was driving behind me.
Its good to have the rain every now and then but not when its in danger of chiping our already thin paint with hail. Its good to have the fogs on for a purpose other than to just look good.
Anyway, Its a digital cam with no shutter speed setting. I just jumped out the car, opened the garage and then looked and thought hey that would make a nice pic. So I ran in the house and grabbed the cam and then realized the fogs weren't on since I used my keys to get in the house. Further soaking for me trying to get a pic.
And I dont know what was the deal with that steam. I hope my car is ok. Water must have spashed up on the engine while driving.

Good news, paint doesn't look chipped.

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
how many times do i have to tell u that drug's bad for you...your car :lol:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
IS300eR said:
how many times do i have to tell u that drug's back for you...your car :lol:
the hell does that even mean??? haha
i think he's referencing the pic with the car & all that steam...that it looks like it's smoking something... :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
thundercloud080903 said:
Malekreza11 said:
IS300eR said:
how many times do i have to tell u that drug's back for you...your car :lol:
the hell does that even mean??? haha
i think he's referencing the pic with the car & all that steam...that it looks like it's smoking something... :lol:
typo...*bad not back... :oops:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.