Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys,

ok so yesterday i was doing my nav housing wiring and i think i blew the radio fuse!!! i was taping the navi wires to pin 2 illumination (+) and pin 12 illumination (-) on the radio plug.
While i was doing that i forgot that my batterry 's - wire is not disconnected.

Stupid me i cut both wires + and - at the same time and the batterry was not disconnected and i saw a spark and after that i connected the radio plug into the radio and there is no power...

so basically i just need help from someone to tell me if someone accidently connect + and - wires on the radio plug what happens and how to fix it, i think the fuse blew but i dont know where the fuse is so i couldn't test that....:confused:

any help would be appreciated thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what navigation unit do you have?
i have an o1 is300 non navi and i am putting the navigation housing with after market navi screen inside the housing!!

But for now i am just wiring the housing

here if this helps:



you see pin 2 and pin 12 on the radio plug is + and - and i cut both of them together....which made a spark and then after that the radio dosent get power!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,193 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,193 Posts
I'm thinking fuse. Since the radio wasn't connected, it should be ok (at least, I wouldn't have had the harness connected while cutting). He cut 2(-) & 12(+) for illumination at the same time. That sparked, and fried something...hopefully a fuse. If the 10A in the driver's kick panel is OK, maybe it's the 20A(?) under the hood by the batt.

JDM, Is the radio the only thing without power? If you left the harness connected to the radio while cutting, chado may be right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking fuse. Since the radio wasn't connected, it should be ok (at least, I wouldn't have had the harness connected while cutting). He cut 2(-) & 12(+) for illumination at the same time. That sparked, and fried something...hopefully a fuse. If the 10A in the driver's kick panel is OK, maybe it's the 20A(?) under the hood by the batt.

JDM, Is the radio the only thing without power? If you left the harness connected to the radio while cutting, chado may be right.
no the radio was not connected at the moment and i did check the kick panel on the driver side for radio fuse and its fine......and i am gonna check the fuse under the hood tonight 20a

thanks so much

usman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,193 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top