Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is now a regular occurrence. At least once every hour, the stereo would jump from the station it was on to the one band increment below or above (i.e. if I’m listening to 102.1, it would skip to 102.3 or 100.9). This is very annoying! The RDS function is off, and the signal has always been strong enough to sustain throughout the metroplex. This happens on all my preset stations. Has anybody experienced this in the past? I’ve tried to search the forum, but didn’t find anything regarding this matter. So, forgive if I overlooked.

Also, I am getting VERY p1ssed off about the paint job and constant transmission shift jerks. I can’t wait to trade this car in for a manual this summer!

Peace.

G.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by Gennady:
This is now a regular occurrence. At least once every hour, the stereo would jump from the station it was on to the one band increment below or above (i.e. if I’m listening to 102.1, it would skip to 102.3 or 100.9). This is very annoying! The RDS function is off, and the signal has always been strong enough to sustain throughout the metroplex. This happens on all my preset stations. Has anybody experienced this in the past? I’ve tried to search the forum, but didn’t find anything regarding this matter. So, forgive if I overlooked.

Also, I am getting VERY p1ssed off about the paint job and constant transmission shift jerks. I can’t wait to trade this car in for a manual this summer!

Peace.

G.
Sounds like a ghost car to me... I have a friend Ralph who's dad has extensive knowledge in this field,and I'd be happy to pass his info along to you. He's also good for fixing tickets if the price is right

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah, I see you remember my "little" run-in with the law

A local lawyer is taking care of my ticket.. But get this, just last week, I got a freaking 46 on a 30 ticket RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!!! Needless to say that sucked a donkey's ass.

Anyway, has anybody else have any knowledge of my radio problems?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just speak in Russian. I was at the ranch last week when you called. I called you back a couple days ago. Oh yeah, slow down.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Man I've heard plenty of ghost stories about ghosts passengers.. but by far you have the scariest...

try listening to CD only.. maybe that would stop radio stations turning...

or call Scully..... this is a X-File case..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Hunt NXS:
Just speak in Russian.
Ben,
Bite me!

I tried to call you, but got your voice-mail instead. Anyway, is your car doing ok? Any more trouble after your little problem? Are you going to take your car in for ECU update? Am I asking too many questions? Are you annoyed yet?

Sorry, got carried away there for a second...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Haha, this happened to me too just a few days ago! This one station in Houston has a pretty weak signal when you get too far out in the suburbs, and it's kind of close to a country music station. One day when I got in my car and was flipping through stations, it had turned into the country music station about .7 away. I changed it back. Then later it changed back. I changed it again.... and so far it seems it's staying there. I've never had the radio tune by itself though, maybe because I change the stations a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help you, but when I first got my IS, it was doing the same thing... just changing stations seemingly at random. I figured out that the TRAF function was set on... when I turned it off... it never changes stations again. It is weird function, since everytime I try using it... there are no traffic updates on the stations it changes to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My home stereo likes to turn the volume up all the way by itself sometimes. I'll be listening and all of the sudden the knob turns itself to the max unless I turn it down before it gets there, Freaks me out... just thought I'd share that...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha ha! That's worse than my problem!
Sometimes, when I come home late at night from a good party or something, have my volume all the way up (well, almost), and just leave it up like that for a nice surprise for myself early next morning

I'll try that TRAF thing and see if that's it.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts