Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in swapping out my nearly mint condition factory black leather/electric seats for a pair of racing seats in my 2003 IS300. Anybody have any recommendations as to what I should be concerned with as far as buying these or installation issues? Photo's of preferred one's would really help as well. I do know I want black leather but there seems to be all of these bright colored one's that don't interest me at all. I'm really looking for a set the fits snug so when I do occasionally take it out for a spin on a speedway, I feel much more planted in the seat. Many thanks in advance.

Ken, Concord/NC

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Stay away from Sparco bucket seats, as they are too wide to fit past the B-piller (but I think their reclinables clear), so Bride and Recaro is the safer bets bucket seat wise.

You'll need one or two of these air bag sims also.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
thats what i would recommend as well. i have sparco's and they fit pretty good but they do have a slight rub on the pillar. probably non reclinable would be better if you want to stay planted. the non reclinable ones have taller sides. be careful getting in, i dont know how many times people bang their tail bone on the side part of the seat. though not many people like getting in a car with racing seats. some people cant fit.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
theres
charge speed
signal auto
bride
buddy club
sparco
carbeu
seibon
and lots more
i have charge speed

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a ton guys. I had a concern about the airbag sensor thing and you answered it. I've also seen these leather racing seats that are a little more tailbone friendly for the passengers. How much did those "Charge Speeds" run?

·
Registered
66 Posts
What ever you do, do not install some crappy brand x seat! It will take away from the car, stick to the brands listed. I like recaros myself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I think I'm going with the Carbeu Black Microfiber.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Looks like those chargespeeds are ripped on the corners

1 - 9 of 9 Posts