Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys recommend for racing someone at a light, E-shift or just floor it and go in auto?? Dont give me no b/s about how I shouldnt be racing and all that crap. I'm not one for racing but sometimes people instagate and you gotta play. I know our cars arent the fastest anyway. I was just curious b/c I pulled up next to a stock mustang and this guy was f-ing with me trying to get me to race and I wasnt sure which way to go. It was just a regular mustang not GT or cobra or anything. By the way didnt race him so dont ask what I did. Being unsure of this I didnt want to race and be humiliated. Well let me know what you guys think. I'm thinking E-shift???

[ May 03, 2001: Message edited by: Tony Montana ]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
What would you guys recommend for racing someone at a light, E-shift or just floor it and go in auto?? Dont give me no b/s about how I shouldnt be racing and all that crap. I'm not one for racing but sometimes people instagate and you gotta play. I know our cars arent the fastest anyway. I was just curious b/c I pulled up next to a stock mustang and this guy was f-ing with me trying to get me to race and I wasnt sure which way to go. It was just a regular mustang not GT or cobra or anything. By the way didnt race him so dont ask what I did. Being unsure of this I didnt want to race and be humiliated. Well let me know what you guys think. I'm thinking E-shift???

I'd prefer a manual. MUCH better control.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
E-Shift, TRAC off, The button above the SNOW button(i forget exactly what it's called) ON... Ask VVTIS whats up 'cause he knows!!! J/K

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Turn trac off and just floor it and let the auto tranny do the shifting. The only "racing" situations I have used E-Shift in is when I was racing on some back (country) roads in Indiana and needed to down-shift while cornering.

Reefa

·
Registered
31 Posts
when you just mash the pedal in automatic mode, it still shifts at the redline. so it'll be the same if u use the eshift unless you plan on pushing past the redline

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Trac-off is a MUST.. that ecu power button is optional, i haven't really felt a difference with it on or off. when racing from a dead stop, its probably best to leave it in the automatic mode.. that way there is no room for error. i have raced people w/ e-shift and tacked it out(hit the rev limiter) which slows down the car. if u have it in automatic, you don't have to worry about this problem. also, if you going to race from a rolling start, its sometimes good to throw it in 2nd (e-shift) and then once you've punched it, throw it back in to automatic and let it shift on its own, again, to avoid errors..

however, it is more fun to use the e-shift.. i tend to use it more against cars i know i can beat.. hope this helps

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Yea, next time we go at it I will use the E-shift, trac off and power instead of using snow, trac on and automatic.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SilverLex:
Taking the E-Shift off takes the fun out of it.
E-shift is fun. It's like a video game j/k but it does make driving enjoyable!!
and when your done just slide to the right and chill!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Tony Montana
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing