Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first real race in the R33. I was on the highway almost near the Nishiahara Exchange, when a black on black Supra pulled next to me. It was an american, and we rode side by side for a few kilometers, when his passenger rolled the window down and asked if i wanted to run. I said sure, rolled up my window, turned the boost up to 15psi, and we went on a three honk roll ffrom about 80km. It was pretty even, with him slightly ahead, but no more than a half car length up to about 240km/h, when we both backed off. If I were judging the race as a spectator i would say he won.
We both got off the highway at the Nago exit and pulled over in the car port and we talked for a few minutes about both cars. His Supra is a 1998, single turbo swap, HKS FMIC, and HKS exhaust. He had some other mods as well, but I dont remember.
good race tho.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Tarik said:
His Supra is a 1998, single turbo swap, HKS FMIC, and HKS exhaust.
That's like the magic potion over here. Just about EVERY modded Supra has like a T78 single and a big ass HKS FMIC, running like 28psi and what not. Good run.

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IZZY RICH said:
That's like the magic potion over here. Just about EVERY modded Supra has like a T78 single and a big ass HKS FMIC, running like 28psi and what not. Good run.
yeah its pretty ghey if you ask me. but then again i drive a trendy skyline so who am i to talk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Id kill for an R33. Got any pics?

I've got a R32 GTR with a good chunk of work. First through to 3rd is just plain scary. I was going to go GTS-T and do an RB25 swap but I wanted the launch power of AWD.

·
Registered
547 Posts
SKiTLz said:

I've got a R32 GTR with a good chunk of work. First through to 3rd is just plain scary. I was going to go GTS-T and do an RB25 swap but I wanted the launch power of AWD.
I was literally just about to ask for some pics. I wish I had a Skyline? That's my dream car...that and the Supra actually.

sISp

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SKiTLz said:

i have one pic i uploaded here...i got take some more and get them uploaded...its nothing special really...just a white R33 with some minor mods..heres a pic

Why would you want to swap the engine to a RB25? :suspiciou

·
Registered
5 Posts
R32 GTS-T is an RB20DET. RB25 is 500cc more. Why wouldnt you want to swap? I wouldnt swap out an RB26DETT for the 25 though like some people do.

btw. Nice car. White isnt my favourite, but its an R33 none the less.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
tarik, this is the first race i swear you have ever admited to losing lol. all in all, next time race with the altezza. better chances to win.

-peter

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
petaa7 said:
tarik, this is the first race i swear you have ever admited to losing lol. all in all, next time race with the altezza. better chances to win.

-peter
thats because i rarely lose. The altezza would SMOKE my Skyline.
the Altezza is in Ameica so the next time i race it will be against you schmucks ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tarik said:
the Altezza is in Ameica so the next time i race it will be against you schmucks ;)

haha...

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I dunno about the race though. A single'd supra would be easy into the 400-500+whp game.

Is there something I am missing?

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kuuligan said:
I dunno about the race though. A single'd supra would be easy into the 400-500+whp game.

Is there something I am missing?
depends on how large the turbo was he was running, tuning etc. My Skyline is no slouch tho

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i coulda swore u had a black r33...? maybe like a year ago u posted a pic of your "beater" and it was a black r33....i could be wrong but....anyways....what kinda % drivetrain loss (due to awd) does the r33 get...sti over here get about 25% (i think)loss and thats about what i compare a skyline too...gimme some numbers im really interested...thanks

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Tarik said:
depends on how large the turbo was he was running, tuning etc. My Skyline is no slouch tho
cool. how much power is your skyline pushing?
i know of T57 supra's into low 500whp range and thats a tiny turbo for em' :)

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Tarik said:
im waiting.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
dadasups1 said:
i coulda swore u had a black r33...? maybe like a year ago u posted a pic of your "beater" and it was a black r33....i could be wrong but....anyways....what kinda % drivetrain loss (due to awd) does the r33 get...sti over here get about 25% (i think)loss and thats about what i compare a skyline too...gimme some numbers im really interested...thanks
his is a gts-t. rb25det/RWD. approx 250 rwhp stock...dunno what he's got with his claimed mods.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i always liked the R32 better than the R33. if it was a R33 GT-R i think he might have had a better chance.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
SKiTLz said:

i think you need to rewrite this and be more clear. compare with your post below

R32 GTS-T Type M, what i had in Japan ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts