Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to find out if any of you tranny experts can help me out. I've been doing some research and found that swapping to the R154 tranny may be more practical then doing the 6-speed swap. The R154 is known to hold up 550-600rwhp without breaking. Since this is my goal, I think going this route will save me a whole lot of money.

I have found that in order make this happen, I just need to either get the tranny from JZA70 Supra(which is extremely rare) or get a 1JZ bell housing with an R154 gearbox. I also know the gearing will be better for my car. The things I am not too sure about is the driveshaft, tunnel clearances, and some of the electrical aspects. Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Chris.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
I know that someone might be working on a buildup of this kit. There's other concerns than the ones you listed. The electrical isn't that much of a problem luckily.

I wish this option would come to pass, because I might eventually want to do it as well.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
I heard rumor that PFS is working on a "fix" for the manual world. Either a fix for the current weak spot in out trannys or a cheap swap (R154??) Time will tell...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts