Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ordering a clutch, should i be ordering the clutch for the supra or for our car? And also the master and slave cylinder does it matter if i am using the 5spd master and slave or should i get a master and slave for the supra?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
you couldn't use an mk3 master cylinder

you would use the mk3 slave cylinder

the flywheel and pressure plate would be for an IS (if you are still using the IS flywheel) and the disc would be for the mk3 r154 splines

why don't you get whoever is doing the swap, to order the parts for you, after putting the car up in the air and looking at it. anyone qualified to do the swap will know exactly what is needed just by looking at things and sizing them up in their head

-gte

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IS300GTE said:
you couldn't use an mk3 master cylinder

you would use the mk3 slave cylinder

the flywheel and pressure plate would be for an IS (if you are still using the IS flywheel) and the disc would be for the mk3 r154 splines

why don't you get whoever is doing the swap, to order the parts for you, after putting the car up in the air and looking at it. anyone qualified to do the swap will know exactly what is needed just by looking at things and sizing them up in their head

-gte
I am doing the swap myself. I've done many transmission jobs but never swapping out one for different one. So bascially i am doing all my research right now.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
i would humbly recommend help, IMO those are basic things the "installer" would know, or be able to size up without even seeing either vehicle part.

bolting something that belongs in place, where all of the bugs have been worked out by an engineer is much easier compared to bolting in something that does not belong in that same place, and you yourself have to become the engineer. obviously it will fit, so thats one hurdle you don't have to deal with.

JMO, if you perceive it as criticism, forget i ever wrote it

-gte

1 - 6 of 6 Posts