Lexus IS Forum banner

261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did someone of you got problems with the MK III OEM Shifter?

I installed the tranny today, if i want to choose the R, the shifter hits the brake handle!
Should i reweld it, or is there a OEM Solution for it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Coukd the driveshaft you had made be similar in length to a W58-to-stock rear length? I believe R154's are comparable to W58's in length and I too am going through TDSS for a custom driveshaft.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure if its been covered or mentioned but

DSS offers ready spec driveshafts for IS300 with R154 conversions, not sure if its compatible only to MK3 R154 type trans.

Part #'s for the DS alum TOSH12 and Steel TOSH12-S

My Q is if these DS would work regardless of R154 type trans ie ( MK3 or Chaser/Soarer ), the main differences are internal synchros and the remote shifter assy.

Side by side comparison from the bellhousing to output shaft on either look to be same length, what makes the Chaser/Soarer R154 longer is the shifter assy.

Any feedback on this would help a ton, I have all my things ready to swap. Would like to know if i can order up the TOSH12-S and have as little downtime waiting to complete my swap hopefully without measuring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is an extremely helpful thread. I have an auto that I would like to swap an rR154into but a friend of mine asked a pretty good question. Do you have to do anything with the ecu? Can you run a piggyback system off the original ecu without problem or do we need a standalone to run this swap?

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I am wondering what can be done to eliminate the Tranny codes and the associated CEL's? I have to pass emissions here in NYS :( I wonder if anyone has dabbled in creating simulators to plug into the tranny harness plugs. OTher option is I buy a 02-05 manual ECU and engine harness, but do they just plug into the 2001 Auto kick panels fuse boxes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I read through this really quick, so please forgive me if I missed the obvious.

I have an original manual w55 IS300.

I just bought an R154 and getting ready to swap it in.

My question is do I need the 1J flywheel or i can used the standard 2JZ-GE flywheel ?

Car will soon be a NA-T

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Flywheel from a W55 will not work with the R154.

You will need complete clutch kit off of an R154 type car ie Supra/soarer/chaser

When i did my swap i went with a R154 clutch kit from Driftmotion.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am wondering what can be done to eliminate the Tranny codes and the associated CEL's? I have to pass emissions here in NYS :( I wonder if anyone has dabbled in creating simulators to plug into the tranny harness plugs. OTher option is I buy a 02-05 manual ECU and engine harness, but do they just plug into the 2001 Auto kick panels fuse boxes?

Thanks.
Just buy a manual ecu with a key included. All plug and play. Then google the directions to program the key for your ignition security. Then there is a missing wire in the wire harness that you have to pin from the gauge cluster. Takes care of all CEL and pass inspection. I live in NY, had to do it. Email me if you still have this problem. [email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
i posted a question to you, I have a manual conversion and I want it to look factory around the shift boot area, what do I need to buy? Mine was an auto so it has the auto console (or are they the same consoles?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
02 is300

I didn't see it anywhere in the thread but I have an 02 auto I'm swapping to the r154. My main concern is the wiring. For anyone still on this thread, is it possible to bypass the auto wiring harness to run the manual trans? I have the manual swap harness but no manual ECU so I'm trying to find a way to get the manual running with the auto harness and ECU.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I didn't see it anywhere in the thread but I have an 02 auto I'm swapping to the r154. My main concern is the wiring. For anyone still on this thread, is it possible to bypass the auto wiring harness to run the manual trans? I have the manual swap harness but no manual ECU so I'm trying to find a way to get the manual running with the auto harness and ECU.
It is in this tread and a few others. You will need to rad everything and more. If you are looking for something that says unpin this and run this. In one step by step. You are out of luck and this is probably not something you should try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
awsome thread tons of great info now idk if u put this or not i might of missed it due to my adhd and not taking my adderall today.... but what didi u do as far as an ecu im currently in the process of planning out my manual swap most likely gonna go with the w8 unless i get lucky enough to find a r154 for cheap but im lost on what to do as far as an ecu i know some people say ucan use a standalone and others say it wont work in theroy it shud work but i wanted to ask cuz i know someone on here has the deffinite answer you guys all know your stuff about this glourious machine and i look foward to using this forum as a refrence for my build any info/help is well appriciated thanks and again im sorry if you covered the ecu part already i shud also include that i plan on turboing this beast and i do have some stuff already for the turbo job ie. turbo intercooler piping and a manifold

261 - 275 of 275 Posts