Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide which wheels to go with. Axis Reverb wheels are probably the best in terms of quality but I just like the look of Hype and K-Tune better. I don't know much about R1 Racing wheels. Are they decent? Which wheels should I go for?

Axis REVERB

R1 Racing HYPE

Konig K-Tune
K TUNE

If anyone has any of these installed on their cars, can you please post some pics? Thanks

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Im not really feeling either of them, but id go with the reverbs. One of my boys had them on his car and had no problems.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
out of those choices... axis :)
r1 i've never heard of, and konig well... is okay if you're not driving a lexus :p

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
The Axis Shine is kinda like the R1's but it has a polished barrel. you could just paint that black though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Axis Shine is kinda like the R1's but it has a polished barrel. you could just paint that black though.
I was actually thinking of getting those originally but I saw that they only have 19x8.5 or 19x9.5. I'm trying to stay with 18s. I don't want to go too extreme with the tires and the rims b/c I don't want them to rub... trying to avoid doing all the fender mods and stuff.

If I decided to get the Axis Reverb 18x8.5 w/ 225/40/18 would it fit on IS without doing any mods?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reverbs without a doubt!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not save up and get some real wheels.....

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not a matter of saving up. I have the money to purchase expensive wheels but I prefer not to. I've already spent couple G's on other mods so just want to get decent wheels that will look good on the car. My max budget is around $1500 with tires.

I have an absolutely red IS. I've been trying to find some pictures on this forum to get an idea as to what looks good but I only saw a couple... tried doing the search but unsuccessful.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Axis wheels are the biggest pile of junk ever.

They could not make a decent clearcoated wheel if their company depended on it.

Prepare for chipped clearcoat and etched aluminum wheels if you go this direction.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
wheels/ tires are probably something you shouldn't skimp on/ be cheap with.

they are one of the most noticeable mods/ effective mods you can do.

cheap wheels and tires are cheap for a reason.

how about buy some used wheels with tires, you might able to find something in your budget.

axis, r-1, and konig all get a thumbs down from me.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
spend the money on quality wheels.....i bought my RO_JA's and im glad the money was spent. they are 1 piece forged, light and have a quality finish on them.

get ood wheels

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the responses... I thought this thread was dead. In any case, I ended up with Gram Lights 57 Maximum. But it's 1-piece cast... :(

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Thanks for all the responses... I thought this thread was dead. In any case, I ended up with Gram Lights 57 Maximum. But it's 1-piece cast... :(
good choice in wheels man

1 - 17 of 17 Posts