Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are these flares attached to the car?? What i am mostly worried about is the back fenders. I have my fenders rolled to allow for 20's in the rear!! So how do these bad boys connect to the bottom of the fenders (the wheel well area)?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm not sure how the R-Spec look like, but we folded my fenders outward to create a shelf to attach the flair to.

Mark

Bumpin'Lex said:
How are these flares attached to the car?? What i am mostly worried about is the back fenders. I have my fenders rolled to allow for 20's in the rear!! So how do these bad boys connect to the bottom of the fenders (the wheel well area)?
Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have the R-Specs and had to cut out my rear fenders to fit my 19s. The R-specs had to also be shaved down to fit the contour of the shaved lip. The R-Specs get screwed into the lower section of the wheel well using mostly factor mount points. I did drill two more holes along the wheel well just for extra support. I used very small screws that would just fit in the remaining wheel well lip. also included in the kit is 3m body molding tape that holds great. Same stuff that comes with the L-Tuned kit to hold on those panels. I haven't had any problems and its been on for about a month now. E-mail me if you want some pics or if someone wants to host some pics with this thread I can send them to you.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ckd said:
I have the R-Specs and had to cut out my rear fenders to fit my 19s. The R-specs had to also be shaved down to fit the contour of the shaved lip. The R-Specs get screwed into the lower section of the wheel well using mostly factor mount points. I did drill two more holes along the wheel well just for extra support. I used very small screws that would just fit in the remaining wheel well lip. also included in the kit is 3m body molding tape that holds great. Same stuff that comes with the L-Tuned kit to hold on those panels. I haven't had any problems and its been on for about a month now. E-mail me if you want some pics or if someone wants to host some pics with this thread I can send them to you.
pics would be great! (You just earned your first dots!)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks for the dots :D E-mail me or pm me where you want me to send you pics. I have no way to host pics to this thread :cry:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks for hosting my pics. The pics belong to my ride just in case there is any confusion. :D I'll throw some dots your way :wink:

·
Registered
589 Posts
TRDALTEZZAIS300 said:
so I guess if u have rubbing problems u can't roll ur fenders once the flares are on?
You would be correct because the flares are fiberglass and you can't roll them. You would have to remove them roll the fender and grind down the flares to match the new shape of the fender lip. You might be able to just grind down the fender and flare at the same time but might take a chance of messing something up.

Chris

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lex7 said:
Yea bro post some more pics either here or the thread that Thedon started a few below this titled the house of Ltuned.

Justin
There is a couple more pics up under the thread thedon started.

Chris

·
Registered
589 Posts
Bumpin'Lex said:
K. since my fenders are rolled is it possible that I can get the r-specs installed without any problems??
Theres no problem installing the R-Specs after your fenders have been rolled. You would just trim the lip on the r-specs that extends into the fender well to match how much clearance you need.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.