Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bugaloo
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along then some idiot decided to make an illegal U-turn right in front of me. Funny thing is that it happened in front of a bunch of cops who were witnesses on my behalf. Car was deemed a total loss due to frame damage. Got a 15k check!

here's the smart one!

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Hey, at least you walked away from a totaled car. Looks like your car took it better than the Dodge. Good luck, what's the plan now?

·
Bugaloo
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, at least you walked away from a totaled car. Looks like your car took it better than the Dodge. Good luck, what's the plan now?
Well, I loved my IS but its time to change it up...My sister-in-law's dad is some head of some financial dept at Infiniti and I'm gonna get a great deal on a 08 FX35... was thinking about the G37 sport 6 speed but I can't be getting in trouble anymore =)

did the side airbag deploy?
Nope, the main point of impact was the drivers side wheel and because I was moving forward he got my doors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
the fx35 will still get u in trouble, but it is kinda stealth b/c it passes under the radar as an "innocent suv". nice choice

·
Registered
567 Posts
glad to hear your ok man. I was in a recent accident to so i feel your pain. atleast you walked away though.

·
Bugaloo
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys... I didn't have a scratch nor a bruise on me! But I was sore due to snowboarding the previous day so I wasn't gonna feel anything from it. Everyone was telling me I should of said my neck and back hurt and do the whole ambulance/hospital/chiropractor deal then get a lawyer and sue... I was like yeah right to much crap to deal with especially the karma! I was glad to climb out the passanger door and walk away!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
ill take your floormats for the right price if they are in nice condition. sorry to heat about your loss. pm me if interested

·
Bugaloo
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grab your grill! ill give you like $120 for it plus shipping :)

PLEASE
ill take your floormats for the right price if they are in nice condition. sorry to heat about your loss. pm me if interested
Sorry guys! I know I should of pulled all that stuff out when I went to the tow yard cuz the appraiser would of never noticed but I just got the major stuff like my sub, amps, valentine 1, and personal belongings...

I lost out on my:

SRT intake, OBX Header, Tanabe exhaust, and my eclipse avn 5500<----but they gave me a $1000 for the nav I only paid $600 for it...refurbished

Now the car is at the salvage yard... the insurance company owns my car now... sucks!!!

I do have stuff for sale and there is a thread in the for sale forum..click here http://my.is/forums/f99/fs-18-ssr-gt3-staggerd-stock-parts-audio-misc-parts-socal-56k-no-bueno-352516/

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Glad to hear you're alright, sorry about the car!

·
Registered
64 Posts
NOOO poor GGP just too bad...your car is definitely in better shape compared to the other vehicle i am sorry for your lost

·
Registered
74 Posts
go buy it back for $500 and sell your parts out. Im sure lots of people are looking for those parts.. like fenders (otherside), trunks, tailights..etc, I want your SRT, go get it.

·
Bugaloo
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
go buy it back for $500 and sell your parts out. Im sure lots of people are looking for those parts.. like fenders (otherside), trunks, tailights..etc, I want your SRT, go get it.
hmm I'll have to see about that... I know the adjustor said it was goin to an insurance auto auction

good to know your okay :) how fast was that Dodge going?
not fast maybe 5 mph... he was stopped about 6 cars back in a left hand turn lane at a red light then decided not to wait for his green cross double yellows and do whatever he decided on doin :pissed:

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
For $15k, how many miles did it have? I owe $13k and waswondering if I total it, if I can get that much :lol: I wont do it on purpose. :rolleyes:

thats strange, my 01 has side airbags
Do you mean on the seats?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts