Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ah frick. That felt like a punch in the gut. I just came across this update from a friend who works at Xcessive about when the ECU kits will be available again...

View attachment 135554

There's still hope. Just have to hang tight until stuff opens up again.
I felt the same way when I read both of their replies. I'm torn between waiting or just using the All4Swap signal converter and my factory 1J ECU to get it running.

·
Registered
MSM 2005 Lexus IS300 5AT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I felt the same way when I read both of their replies. I'm torn between waiting or just using the All4Swap signal converter and my factory 1J ECU to get it running.
I would personally get the Canverter (Lexus IS200/300/Toyota Altezza - all4swap) and repin the 12 wires for the stock 1j ecu. Advantage is, it's only $100 and about 3 hours of your time, leaving the option of the PnP when it comes out. Relatively low investment.

·
Registered
MSM 2005 Lexus IS300 5AT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Small update, I officially bought the T56 Magnum swap a couple weeks ago. It'll get here whenever the supplier for the bellhousings catches up and ships their product to the shop.

In the meantime, I'm just studying, mapping, and drawing out the details of fittings, lines, peripheral wiring, and fitment of the 2 choices for an FFIM setup. The time for teardown/swap cannot come before September 30th, so I have all that time to learn, plan and buy a Quickjack 😂. I might still give myself a month or so after the engine arrives to do one final review before I call the buddies over and tear this thing apart.

Also, my car had it's first actual professional photoshoot this weekend during an incredibly intense sunset after a rainy day. The mismatched panels make it look like a typical project Lexus lol, but I can't stop staring at these pics! They came out really good for being unplanned and taken at a completely random gravel road in Aldie, VA.There's a ton more than this, can find all of them in the gallery on my profile: QWKSLVR Glamour Shots

Lexus-11 (2).jpg

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
551 Posts
Just took the time to read through the entire thread. Nice work. I did notice that your collector on the CX manifold is different than mine. What is it made from?

Reactions: QWKSLVR_JCE10

·
Registered
MSM 2005 Lexus IS300 5AT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just took the time to read through the entire thread. Nice work. I did notice that your collector on the CX manifold is different than mine. What is it made from?
Thanks brother! I believe my manifold has a cast collector, considering I can't see welds where the runners merge or where the flange sits. It seems like it's a single cast piece that is welded onto the rest of the manifolds where the shiny pipes begin (or end lol).

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
551 Posts
Y
Thanks brother! I believe my manifold has a cast collector, considering I can't see welds where the runners merge or where the flange sits. It seems like it's a single cast piece that is welded onto the rest of the manifolds where the shiny pipes begin (or end lol).
yea that’s what I was thinking. I swore my manifold didn’t have that piece either but it does after looking at it again. I got my kit in about a month ago.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts